An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Future Indirect Fires Systems Team, which is rapidly growing to meet the demands of a fast paced study for delivery to our UK customer. The role can be based at either MBDA Filton or Stevenage as part of the Future Indirect Fires Systems Team. The successful candidate will join the project at the start of the study, will own concept missile architectures, and be responsible for managing the change of these as they evolve through the study; liaising with internal and external technical functions to ensure coherence. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- A personable, open and honest professional with previous systems engineering experience and a proven track record of working and delivering in a complex engineering environment.
- Ability to make progress and manage technical packages with an expected level of technical and user uncertainty, delivering these on time, quality, and cost.
- A technical background with an understanding across missile design, key missile trades, related systems, and equipment.
- Good communication skills with a flexible approach to team-working within the Systems Team. Capable of liaising with colleagues at all levels across engineering functions.
- Some that enjoys a unique challenge and an ability to manage risk appropriately and effectively. Can react flexibly to changing needs and adjust to ensure aims can be redefined and achieved.
- Ability to think laterally and with initiative to develop new ideas, architectures and concepts.
- A positive attitude towards problem solving and developing solutions.
- Experience of the British Army and land domain is useful.
- An opportunity to grow your experience and expertise and raise your profile in a critically important programme for the UK Customer, the business, and the future of MBDA.
- Joining a rapidly growing team within a project early on in its life-cycle, with ample opportunity to influence missile concept solutions which will form the future direction of the programme
What’s great about the team?
- Ownership of missile physical architecture concepts and their development.
- Liaising with the sub-system functional teams and portfolio team to manage the CM&R needs and dependencies for the missile concepts.
- Management of missile configurations and change as they evolve through the study.
- Manage all elements of missile performance modelling, liaising and co-ordinating other missile function as required.
- Close working with the missile function to ensure coherence across the evolving missile concept options.
What would you get?
- You will be joining a dynamic, enthusiastic and growing team at the forefront of development of a critical weapon for the British Army.
- This team consists of a diverse mix of System Engineers across the Filton and Stevenage site
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.