The System Analysis Vision is : “One team delivering operational advantage through state-of-the-art technologies and services that bring weapon systems to life”
A number of systems engineering positions are available in SA function. We have opportunities that exist in a number of project teams including Ground Based Air Defense, Strike Attack and Future Systems; at different phases of the project lifecycle, from concept through to system qualification. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team at the cutting edge of technology, delivering game-changing products, in a technical engineering and delivery role.
What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Candidates with a solid understanding of the System Engineering Process
- Experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment; from requirements elicitation, assessment and approval through to planning for proving and certification
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML is desirable, preferably using Rhapsody
- Experience of undertaking technical system studies, including design trades, across performance, telemetry, data etc.
- Ability work effectively in a collaborative environment spanning a number of teams and locations
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude and pro-active behaviours
- the ability to deliver to agreed time, cost and quality in order to support project and business milestones
What would you get?
- Working as part of a team with extensive experience of systems engineering and project delivery
- Working to deliver systems to our customers that equip them with military capabilities
- Training opportunities through formal and/or on-the-job training to deepen and widen your expertise in one or more areas: Communications, Command and Control, and Algorithms and Performance
- The ability to take on responsibility and lead work packages with the view to career progression
- There are opportunities for travel to MBDA sites in the UK and Europe, and to customer sites around the world
- Multiple development paths, both technical and managerial
- Comprehensive Package including, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What’s great about the team?
- A competent Systems Engineer in a technically driven organisation
- A team player in one of the System Analysis Departments – Network Communications, Command and Control, Algorithms and Performance, placed into projects to deliver these sub-systems
- You will have the opportunity to work across a range of programmes at various stages of maturity
- You will undertake / be responsible for systems engineering activities across the project lifecycle
- Actively participate in trials, verification and product certification
- Interfacing with a range of stakeholders: software development team, hardware design, systems design team and trials engineers
- Support research and development into key weapon system technologies
- You will be joining a highly regarded and well established team of very capable engineers who are very motivated to deliver outstanding products to our customers
- The team is exposed to a wide range of engineering disciplines from systems design, software development and hardware development integration and test, cyber security, safety, dependability and customer organisations
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.