A great opportunity has arisen in a team of specialised RF professionals for an engineer to join a growing team within a world leading defence company, based in the Stevenage/ Bristol area. You will be working on the specification, acquisition and testing of cutting-edge radio-frequency sub-systems for integration into complex weapons systems, with a focus on EW technologies.
What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- You'll be able to take responsibility for your own contribution, able to control your own timescale and responsible for your own budget
- You 'll have previous experience of EW technologies
- You'll be able demonstrate the ability to engage a disparate range of stakeholders
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working with RF systems and/or component design
- Ideally you will have experience of working in international or cross-cultural teams.
What would you get?
- You will work in a team with extensive experience of RF systems and subsystems with access to major testing facilities and design tools needed to supply state-of-the-art solutions.
- Excellent training opportunities through formal and/or on the job training to deepen and widen your expertise
- You will have the opportunity to work in international programme teams with customers across the globe
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
You will have the opportunity to work across a wide variety of projects, ranging from fundamental research through to product development for customer programmes.
What’s great about the team?
- Sub-system performance prediction and assessment
- Support to development and in-service trials and activities
- Sub-system qualification and validation
- Requirements definition and management
- Resolution of customer and trials-related queries
- Interfacing with the supplier, customer community and its agencies
- You will be joining a growing, dynamic team consisted of like-minded engineers that is focused on the delivery of cutting-edge RF system solutions for our customers
- You will work as part of a team that includes people with a mix of disciplines that support each other to achieve delivery of innovative, world class solutions to complex problems
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.