An opportunity has arisen in a fast-moving programme to lead the team that works with engineering specialists in Bristol and Stevenage to produce and maintain a Launcher sub-systems requirements set.
What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- A professional, forward-thinking and positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A desire to make an impression within the wider MBDA engineering community.
- A willingness to share knowledge and to help others.
- New ideas and a good systems engineering understanding.
- An engineering or related numerate degree.
- Desirable experience
- Avionics systems
- Electronics and embedded software
- Use of tools for requirements capture and control (e.g. DOORS) and for configuration management (e.g. Windchill, RTC, RPE, Dimensions)
What would you get?
- Experience gained rapidly over the product lifecycle to meet immediate project needs. The current challenging programme timescales offer an opportunity to make a real difference and to demonstrate the delivery-focussed attitude that MBDA values.
- Training courses on MBSE, systems engineering and product technology as required.
- Opportunities for progression, both in the short term and over a longer period, in technical and managerial directions.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
What’s great about the team?
- To Inspire the team that works with engineering specialists in Bristol and Stevenage to produce and maintain the a launcher sub-systems requirements set.
- The requirements respond to the Weapon-System needs and are embodied in TRSs produced using DOORS and RPE, and published using PLM.
- Behavioural requirements are being developed using Rhapsody.
- Manage the As-Required baseline at launcher-level and co-ordinate the non-compliance process for the launcher and sub-systems, liaising with Domain Leads, other SPEAR3 Requirements Leads (Weapon Systems / Missile) and Equipment Requirement Authorities (RMOs).
- Collaborate with the Launcher V&V Lead to ensure traceability within DOORS and PLM to enable certification activities.
- Collaborate with the Launcher Functional Lead to ensure the MBSE activities they lead are coherent with your wider requirements focus.
- Collaborate with Systems Capability and weapon systems technical stakeholders to improve the existing processes for the above.
- Support the Launcher Systems Delivery Lead with work package management, technical input to bids and recruitment activities as required.
- how the team grows and adapts to meet evolving project needs;
- how MBSE is used within the team and more widely within MBDA.
- how launcher technology and equipment is developed in the future.
- It is a specialist and forward-thinking team using MBSE to develop launcher technology and equipment for current projects and future reuse.
- It connects all parts of the wider project, from high-level platform-level needs to detail specification and verification at equipment-level.
- It is a small team with
- Clear purpose;
- A collegiate and rewarding working environment
- A strong and cooperative team ethic;
- A commitment to quality;
- A willingness to embrace change and to challenge out-dated working practices;
- A clear identity within the wider project;
- Value placed on diversity.
is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.