In this position, you will be responsible for managing the safety, compliance and performance of all electrical systems and infrastructure at GSK Maidenhead. This includes design, maintenance and operation, whilst conforming to Statutory and Corporate health, safety and environmental standards. You will focus specifically on electrical infrastructure, providing expert knowledge in the fields of electrical power, infrastructure, instrumentation and control.
Our Consumer Healthcare manufacturing centre in Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Dedicated to the production of Oral Healthcare brands such as Sensodyne, Aquafresh & Macleans we produce in excess of 1 million units of toothpaste and mouthwash per day for markets across the globe. The successful candidate will hold considerable responsibility across HV and LV. As a member of the above-site specialist network for electrical compliance and safety, you will need to develop excellent relationships with experts across the business.
This role is primarily responsible for the infrastructure of the site, meaning that we are looking for candidates with that experience (including those coming from other industries such as construction), as opposed to those who have experience specific to manufacturing lines and equipment.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining a robust electrical safety management program for the site, and participating in above-site networks.
- Leading the site Utilities electrical maintenance programme.
- Supporting the Global Head of Electrical Engineering in electrical programme development.
- Providing expert services in the field of electrical power, instrumentation and control.
- Management of minor works for safety, efficiency and cost saving projects.
- Assisting with the selection of contractors and suppliers, to ensure that goods and services meet GSK standards and the sites performance objectives.
- Advising on the application of best practice techniques to improve electrical performance.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of electrical safety training programmes for the site.
- Manage and oversee medium voltage switching operations on site.
- Leading electrical infrastructure lifecycle and investment strategy.
- Developing and implementing electrical policy and procedures, covering intervention with electrical systems by engineering staff (GSK and contractors).
- Being conversant with applicable electrical standards regarding selection, installation, operations and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Working collaboratively with project engineers to assure appropriate electrical standards are included in packaged equipment specifications.
- Maintaining electrical system documentation such as drawings and asset records, including SAP maintenance records.
To deliver results in this position will require considerable technical knowledge and experience, as well as strong interpersonal skills. You will need to build excellent relationships on site, facilitating success through influencing and networking. You will need to work well in a team, and show personal accountability, whilst also driving your individual targets.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Significant experience of Electrical Engineering on a Manufacturing Site
- Significant experience of Electrical Infrastructure
- Demonstrated excellent decision-making skills
- Demonstrated Project Leadership experience
- Strong understanding of electrical maintenance techniques and their relevance to asset performance
- Liaising with and drawing upon specialist electrical engineering services as required
- Experience in switching medium voltage equipment accompanied by a recognised switching and operations qualification.
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in a related industry such as FMCG, FMCH, Pharma
- Hands on experience of continuous improvement projects
- Understanding of selection and maintenance of electrical equipment in hazardous areas
- COMPEX 14
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status
- City & Guilds course – AP15
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it’s about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.