About the role:
We are looking for a Systems and Requirements Engineering Associate Manager to join our team in Brighton and be responsible for leading a team of five engineers who perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Develop departmental process and procedures to ensure effective and efficient identification and documentation of Systems and Project requirements and their verification.
- Management of Test and Integration development environment
- Managing the team of Test Engineers and Technicians
- Safety of people in the test facilities environment
- On time delivery of test programmes, test reports etc.
- Efficient utilisation of test resources and personnel
- Financial reporting against test and facilities budgets
- Forecasting of requirements against programmes
Experience & Skills:
- Distillation of test requirements from test programmes and scheduling testing accordingly (design assurance and qualification)
- Scheduling test programmes in an environment of conflicting priorities
- Environmental testing: Temperature, Humidity, Vibration
- Diagnosis of faults/issues
- Understanding of product lifecycle and where Test and Integration fits within that lifecycle
- Leading and developing a professional team of Engineers and Technicians
- Test system design and implementation (including test fixture design and electro-mechanical test)
- Sensors — accelerometers, load cells, pressure transducers, LVDT
- Feedback of test results into design process
- Standard laboratory test equipment (multimeters, verniers)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.