Facilities management is at the heart of supporting our Top 25 Sunday Times company in in all we do in our everyday working environment. Our Stevenage site is the largest campus in our portfolio. We are looking for a Facilities Manager to deliver a best in class service to underpin smooth operational output with no disruption for our MBDA Staff.
If you are looking for a new challenge with opportunity to grow your skills and develop your career in this dynamic company this is the place for you. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- A person with in depth experience in the field of FM service delivery.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and Regulations within the context of the FM environment and NEBOSH trained.
- Understanding of SFG20 Maintenance Specifications and the application within a PPM plan.
- Exposure and understanding of Soft Services such as Cleaning and Catering.
- Experience of Small Works and project delivery.
- Skills in managing deadlines, timetables and multi-tasking
- Understanding and competency in relevant software packages (Planon, SHE, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project).
What would you get?
- Be an integral part of the FM teams across multiple sites
- Add value and bring your expertise to enhance our already dynamic team
- Training and ongoing development
- Clear development path both within and external to the FM /Small works role
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
Health, Safety & Environment Compliance
- Provide and manage Hard and Soft FM across the Stevenage and Southern sites reporting into the Facilities Manager for the UK
- Be responsible for developing sustainable delivery models focused on quality and cost
Commercial & Finance
- Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and corporate requirements and external standards within area(s) of specialism and keep abreast of changes, which may affect the business.
- Act as site Energy “Champion”, and work alongside MBDA Energy Manager to identify trends, opportunities and to delivery energy projects and initiatives.
- Manage MSP KPIs and SLAs, ensuring company standards and the contractual deliverables are achieved.
- To be responsible for the financial performance of Hard and Soft FM services. To be responsible for cross service efficiency gains, developing new approaches where appropriate.
- Drive the cost down and efficiency up
Small New Works
- When required assist Strategy and Capital Projects team, in the preparation of project briefs, collation of pre-construction information and site mobilisations.
- Coordinate Operational FM input into the RIBA stages
- Delivery of building related Small Works projects including M&E, security systems, internal and external fabric across the Stevenage portfolio.
- Delivery of small internal moves, facilitating manufacturing equipment moves, procurement of new furniture and liaising with IM
What’s great about the team?
- Assist in the preparation of 5 year lifecycle and capital plan
- Ensure the integrity of Asset Database by accurately recording all additions and replacement assets.
- You will be part of the FM Operational team working collaboratively to ensure the day to day delivery of services for our MBDA staff
- The team is dynamic and cross functional with knowledge sharing an essential trait for FM at MBDA
- You will have close interaction with the wider FM team nationally
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.