Sparkworks specialises in development of novel solutions, in particular in the domains of RF DEW, Laser and Stealth. Keen interest from across the customer community in all three domains makes this a really interesting and exciting time to join the growing Sparkworks team and be part of delivering innovative world leading solutions for the UK.
This opportunity is to be part of the Sparkworks Systems Team delivering a range of modelling and data analyst tasks, potentially including trial / experiment design and trial attendance. The Role
The role will be scoped to best match your strengths, interests and aspirations; with a focus on modelling and data analysis. The role can include:
What’s in it for you?
- Analysis of complex data sets
- Matlab tool generation
- Machine learning
- Statistical data analysis
- Performance modelling
- Experiment planning & trial attendance
What’s great about the team?
- Interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to be involved with some truly innovative and world-class systems
- The opportunity to work with a passionate team of engineers to deliver across a wide range of subject areas
- Work on projects varying from a few weeks duration to several years with potential for exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects
- Opportunities to develop new skills through interaction with specialist areas within MBDA
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training
- Opportunities to gain visibility for you and your work at the highest levels both inside and outside the company
- Having a varied “day-job”
You’ll be joining a focused, agile team to deliver a Mission Planning product for a key domestic/export customer, on time, on cost and to the quality that MBDA is renowned for. The sub-system team is relatively small and colleagues work very closely, supporting each other to ensure continuous commitment to delivery is maintained.
The sub-system team works as part of the wider Mission Planning & Control Function, responsible for delivering a multitude of projects and you will have the opportunity to gain visibility across many of these projects. What are we looking for?
We are seeking someone who enjoys model generation & data analysis and brings with them useful expertise in one or more of the following; statistics, machine learning, data analysis techniques, probability, physics, engineering or maths. Someone with a keen eye for detail and the following attributes:
What would you get?
- Ideally holding a higher degree (e.g. Masters or PhD) in a physics or engineering discipline
- An awareness of well-known computer simulation codes (such as Matlab, CST MWS)
- Creativity, imagination & problem solving skills
- Adaptability & willingness to deal with fluidity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and often from a blank sheet of paper
- Candidates must either hold DV (Developed Vetting) clearance, or be willing to undertake the process once working at MBDA
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.