The Configuration Management group sits within the Operations directorate of the business, working closely with Mechanical/Electronic design functions as well as business project teams to manage and control product data for all company deliverables. Close relationships are essential with Quality, Manufacturing and Procurement to ensure all product definitions fulfil both our own and our customer’s requirements.
At present, we have a unique opportunity for an experienced Configuration Engineer to support our activities across a full breadth of business products. The fresh and exciting CM Group is searching for a highly motivated engineer who is able to work as part of a team to ensure we are able to meet of Configuration Management objectives in support of business deliverables. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Ideally a background in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management and/or HND/HNC in an engineering discipline.
- Evidential experience in interpreting technical data and Bills of Materials for large and complex assemblies.
- You should have an eye for detail and able to apply that with integrity and respect to engineering data, drawings and CAD models.
- You will possess excellent communication skills and be aware of cultural differences, with an ability to build and maintain cross-business relationships
- You will have a willing, supportive and helpful attitude along with a calm professional manner, with the ability to set priorities and deal with multiple issues with multiple stakeholders.
- Ideally you will have experience of PTC Windchill as a Product Lifecycle Management tool.
What would you get?
- You will be working on challenging Projects across the whole of the product lifecycle and to support you, you will receive structured skills development and training in the aspects of Configuration Control as employed by MBDA (UK).
- The opportunity to bring new ideas and help evolve MBDA’s configuration management policy and processes for the future.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including a route to Professional Accreditation in the area of Configuration Management.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated prospects of international travel
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What’s great about the team?
- Creation of initial Product Structure definition under guidance of Team Leader.
- Expression and implementation of Engineering Changes into the Product Structure based on Design input.
- Maintenance and management of Product Definitions in accordance with Project requirements.
- Understanding and implementing MBDA Change process methodologies and controls to ensure integrity is applied across the product lifecycle.
- Prepare project CM Plan and Sub Contractor CM Requirements Plan and Project specific reports with limited referral and assistance from the Team Lead
- Co-ordination of major Configuration meetings (eg CMC, LTC, CCB), the relevant supporting documentation, including liaison with customer representatives, the meeting chairperson and design and manufacturing representatives.
- Provide technical secretarial duties, preparation, and issue of minutes and agendas for CM related meetings.
- Manage the design definition of projects or major parts of a project using both manual and automated CM systems.
- Create and control configuration status accounting data to meet contractual and company requirements.
- Support internal and external configuration audits
- Support to the management of project task packages including the progress/performance against process KPIs.
- Technical liaison with project, development and manufacturing teams, including sub-contractors mentoring Product Data Management best practice and associated Company processes.
- You will be joining a fresh, dynamic and focussed core business function responsible for Configuration Management across all MBDA UK products and services.
- You and your team will support a number of new and complex business products that underpin the future success of the business.
- As a group we work closely with the tool capability team to help ensure our CM tools support our processes. On-going development of our tools along with a culture to continuously improvement our methods and processes mean that we never stand still.
- The group are committed to delivering to a high standard; they go the extra distance in periods of high demand.
- Team members have different roles, every role comes together to achieve a common goal.
- They take responsibility to move things on, have an eye for the details and take time to understand and enforce the process.
- They get to know each other beyond a professional level, making effort through team building and social events.
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.