Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) is a unique capability within MBDA that works with all current launchers, missiles and equipment programmes to support in their development, compliance demonstration and through life updates. The Role
What’s in it for you?
- Responsible for managing assigned milestone deliverables associated with EMC Engineering activities.
- Act as focal point and expert for EMC requirements for the MBDA project teams
- Write Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERS’s) and subsequent documentation including EMC Control Plans, Proving Plans, Proving Requirements and Proving Instructions in support of product development and qualification
- Oversee EMC qualification testing ensuring evidence will be suitable for our customers.
- Work across functional and international boundaries to resolve complex technical problems using analytical tools.
- Support other EMC project engineers in your own area of expertise
What’s great about the team?
- MBDA values the capability provided by the EMC department in knowledge and test facilities; be valued as part of our team.
- Represent the EMC department for your programme and MBDA during discussions with the MoD or export customer.
- Opportunity to influence the project teams and how EMC qualification will occur.
- Work with a knowledgeable team of expert EMC project and test engineers
- Potential to participate in research or investigation studies
What are we looking for?
- The team is very knowledgeable and are keen to support and develop the capability of each member.
- We are passionate about the technical robustness of the compliance philosophy and testing.
- We have accredited test capabilities in Filton, UK and Paris, France; where appropriate we work together to improve our way of working and achieve the project needs.
- The test and project teams support each other to improve the way both teams work.
What would you get?
- Knowledge in the application of a military EMC standard to system, sub-system or equipment level (e.g. Defence Standard 59-41 / 59-411, AECTP500, Mil-Std-461, RTCA DO160 / EUROCAE ED-14).
- Professional manner and adaptability when the project needs are evolving
- Thorough understanding of the EMC environment life cycle.
- Good communication skills at all level both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work to defined deadlines and within budget limits
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities. Please Note
: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval). Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)