As a Systems Data Architect you will support the delivery of the MORPHEUS EvO Transition Partner programme. You will work as part of the Integrated Design team responsible for developing the design for a suite of applications and services. You will be responsible for the design and development of the data structures and models for a suite of applications and services provided by the Release Train.
A typical day could include:
- Design and Develop the Data Model integration for the applications in the business unit and ensuring alignment with the system level design
- Working with the Development teams to ensure the data flow requirements are understood and implemented correctly in an Agile program
- Working with Product Managers / Owners to provide a Software implementation that delivers a user centric
- Ownership and Maintenance of the Data Design Model (or parts of) in an appropriate MBSE model
- Working with the stakeholders to ensure the design and preparation of test and reference data required by the applications for development and test purposes
- Presenting at progress and system reviews and facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution between the partner organisations
You will bring with you your experience of ownership of the Data Architecture for a business, product or system and be able to advise on best practice. You will be an experienced user of engineering tools such as Enterprise Architect, IBM DOORS and IBM Rhapsody and experienced in being able to work co-operatively in a Scrum environment.
Ideally, you will also have experience of some of the following:
- Web Technologies (e.g. OData, HTTP, TLS, and REST)
- UML and SysML Modelling Languages
- Understanding and experience of Designing Data Architectures for distributed systems requiring High Availability
- Knowledge and understanding of Designing data architectures for Windows environments
- Information Management within a distributed (non-enterprise) environment susceptible to deterioration/loss of connectivity/bandwidth
- Understanding of the Bowman/BCIP system in particular Communications Planning would be advantageous.
Our Company Benefits:
- We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team