AWE is currently recruiting for a Quality Inspector to join our Engineering Team.
Location - Reading area
Package - £33,000+ (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
This role will be to support Quality service delivery through expert guidance and appropriate allocation of inspection resource.
You will be required to:
- Contribute subject matter expertise in the fields pertinent to the role
- Support delivery of technical assessments using appropriate methodologies
- Contribute to the development and validation of Quality methodologies
- Participate in experimental trials improvement activities and audits, where appropriate
- Engage with relevant AWE stakeholders and our international partners.
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- HNC/ONC or equivalent in a relative discipline, or extensive practical experience
- Previous experience of working within a quality control role, within a workshop environment
- An excellent attention to detail with strong inspection skills
- Capable of developing solutions to issues in a unique manufacturing environment
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications and standards
- Ability to generate and improve upon inspection instructions and inspection reports aligned to manufacturing processes
- Able to provide inspection quality control support when undertaking investigations into performance issues
- Basic understanding of problem resolution and continuous improvement tools and techniques. e.g. accredited by Yellow Belt and Green Belt programmes
- Knowledge of practical applications of 6-sigma methodology.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.