Role: Machine Tools Engineer
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Package: £33,850.00-£50.800.00 plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and can make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business.
We are currently looking to recruit a number of Multi Disciplined Machine Tool Engineers to join our team working from our sites based near Reading.
The successful Engineers will be responsible for performing a variety of Machine Tool lifecycle activities from assistance with installation, breakdown, maintenance, servicing and error mapping in order to optimise plant and equipment availability. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in Machine Tool design on challenging bespoke projects across a range of facilities. This will require a focussed and consistent approach working with and directing Capital projects, where the Machinery Directive and associated standards and legislative requirements will be applied in full.
You will be required to:
- Using a high degree of skill and high technical ability carry out a wide range of maintenance activities efficiently and in a timely manner on plant and equipment.
- Apply a range of technical fault finding skills within own discipline. Gather plant data and analysis result, using a range of techniques.
- Implementation of modifications as directed by Task Manager.
- Inspect and endorse the quality of own work to ensure it meets the required specification.
- Apply mentoring skills to less experienced craft team members and apprentices.
- Ensure the understanding and application of responsibilities with regard to the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Engineering Apprenticeship with a minimum NVQ Level 4 or equivalent work experience.
- C&G (as appropriate) / ONC/HNC or above.
- Willing and able to obtain the required security for these roles.
- These roles are governed by Health and Safety at Work Regulations and require all candidates to have an Occupational Health-set fitness level in order to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needed to work in controlled environments.
- General knowledge of plant, equipment and processes related to trade.
- Knowledge of maintenance practices, technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of fault finding techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Understanding and use of Safe Systems of work.
- Working experience of operational plant maintenance service delivery.