Construction Engineer Electrical
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - £33,8500.00-£50,800.00plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and can make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business. You will Monitor, report, assist and liaise with the Contractors to verify that the requirements of the contract are being fulfilled and that AWE process' and LC requirements are fully adhered to on Construction sites.
You will be required to:
- To maintain an accurately detailed daily site diary of site conditions, progress and the resources available to undertake the work activities throughout the construction phase.
- Provide input to Weekly Reports which include Site Safety Inspections, Quality Control, Test Inspection Plans, Defect Notices, Deliveries [accepted or rejected] for the project.
- Promote good practice of material sustainability (reuse and/or recycle) initiatives to reduce waste and save costs.
- Ensure that where applicable, contractor's operatives are competent, qualified and licensed to undertake their work activities correctly and that all plant and equipment used is tested, maintained and certified as specified.
- Monitor and record specific or specialist deliveries to site to ensure that the condition of the load meets the standard, that the items are handled correctly, packaging is intact and that storage facilities are appropriate.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Hold an appropriate Electrical qualification in a relevant engineering discipline; ONC/HNC/HND or equivalent.
- Hold current SSSTS & CSCS Supervisors Card
- Electrical Inspection and Testing (2391) & 18th edition
- Strong background and technical experience in supervising electrical construction works
- Able to organise and execute complex construction projects and analyse results.
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety, HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments, safety systems, and SSow.
- Good communication skills.