Be part of the solution - help develop and maintain the complex Tactical C4i communications system used by the British Army.
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will have the opportunity to support the delivery of the MORPHEUS EvO Transition Partner programme. Within this programme we will be responsible for developing an open architecture Tactical C4I System. We are looking for you to contribute to the specification, design and development and validation of solutions for EvO.
A typical day could include:
- Use Case development
- Functional and feature specification
- Elaboration of designs
- Liaison with cross functional teams to develop
- Regularly deliver working software/solutions through the SAFe agile process
We have adopted an Agile Methodology in the form of the Scaled Agile Framework and we are applying it across the whole system and product development lifecycle. This is as a step change approach from traditional waterfall delivery model designed to enable continuous delivery and validation of solutions. This provides us with the flexibility to respond to changing customer requirements, foster innovation and promote collaborative working between our team and the customer.
Ideally, you may also have experience of some of the following:
- Tactical C4I Systems
- SAFe / Agile methodologies for systems or software development
- Generating technical documents
- Test planning and test case development and execution
- Enterprise Architecture
- RTC & RQM
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!