We are looking for a talented Configuration Engineer with an eye for detail and an ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships. The Configuration Management group plays a vital role in ensuring integrity of our product data, supporting a host of operational arms across the business. To help us succeed with this challenge, we are searching for self-motivated Configuration Engineer to support, guide, influence and ultimately bring value to our business project teams. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Ideally a background in product Configuration Control or Technical Data Management.
- Experience in interpreting technical engineering data and Bills of Materials for large and complex assemblies.
- An understanding of engineering change processes and associated techniques to ensure valid interpretation and implementation of product design changes.
- An individual who is comfortable in challenging decisions in order to uphold the integrity of our product designs and therefore the reputation of our business.
- You should have an eye for detail and be able to apply that with integrity with respect to engineering data, drawings and CAD models.
- You will possess excellent communication skills and be aware of cultural differences, with an ability to build and maintain cross-business relationships and team spirit in co-located and remote working environments.
- You will have a passion for supporting your colleagues with a helpful attitude along with a calm professional manner. Able to set priorities and deal with multiple issues with multiple stakeholders.
- Ideally you will have experience of PTC Windchill as a Product Lifecycle Management tool or other technical data management systems.
What would you get?
- You will be working on challenging Projects across the whole of the product lifecycle and to support you, you will receive structured skills development and training in the aspects of Configuration Control as employed by MBDA (UK).
- The opportunity to bring new ideas and help evolve MBDA’s configuration management policy and processes for the future.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including a route to Professional Accreditation in the area of Configuration Management.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated prospects of international travel
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What’s great about the team?
- Creation of initial product structure and design definitions within the PLM tool.
- Expression and implementation of Engineering Changes into the product design based on engineering/design input.
- Maintenance and management of product design definitions in accordance with project requirements.
- Understanding and implementing MBDA Change process methodologies and controls to ensure integrity is applied across the product lifecycle.
- Co-ordination and management of Configuration Documents and Meetings.
- Manage the design definition using both manual and automated CM systems.
- Support internal and external configuration audits
- Technical liaison with project, development and manufacturing teams, including sub-contractors mentoring Product Data Management best practice and associated Company processes.
- You will be joining a fresh, dynamic and focussed core business function responsible for Configuration Management across all MBDA UK products and services.
- You and your team will support a number of new and complex business products that underpin the future success of the business.
- As a group we work closely with the tool capability team to help ensure our CM tools support our processes. On-going development of our tools along with a culture to continuously improvement our methods and processes mean that we never stand still.
- The group are committed to delivering to a high standard; they go the extra distance in periods of high demand.
- Team members have different roles, every role comes together to achieve a common goal.
- They take responsibility to move things on, have an eye for the details and take time to understand and enforce the process.
- They get to know each other beyond a professional level, making effort through team building and social events.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.