An opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our Trials and Experimentation Team.
Within this role you will focus on the planning, design, integration and deployment of radio networks, IP networks, secure communications systems and military tactical applications and networks. This includes supporting field and lab experimentation exercises and dealing directly with customers, external 3rd party partners and internal teams throughout the entire life cycle of the projects.
On a typical day you may be involved in activities such as:
- Setup, configuration, deployment, management and field support of secure communications systems
- Planning and support of field and laboratory trials and demonstrations to end users, internal and external stakeholders
- Analysing trial and demonstration requirements - designing and implementing experimental activities
- Working proactively with Engineering, Programme Management and internal / external stakeholders to ensure experimentation and trial activities meet their requirements
- Supporting secure communications systems, particularly at the network and application layer
- Undertaking and supporting product and integration and acceptance activities
- Participate in planning and agile team meetings and present at progress and system reviews
You will bring your experience in system support with a track record of delivering successful trial and experimentation activities. You will demonstrate your understanding of the system support lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with support in a delivery focussed, commercially successful organisation.
Ideally you may have experience of some of the below:
- Setup and configuration of communications systems including routers, switches, security appliances and applications
- Confident and effective dealing with Customers and End Users
- Able to generate well-structured technical documents and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines
- Experience with virtualisation and container technologies
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!