Be part of the solution
As an R&D Software Developer you will have the opportunity to work on new software solutions using the latest technology, using your findings and demonstrating your solutions to shape where GD-MS goes in the future.
Working as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team that have adopted an Agile framework, you will take part in the design and implementation of our solutions.
A typical day for you in the role will include:
- Modelling software components and interfaces to maintain the software design.
- Delivering high quality working code in line with requirements/stories.
- Active participation in the Agile development process.
You will bring your experience of software design and development to the team and have the opportunity to propose and create new and novel solutions across a diverse range of technical challenges. You will have exposure to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, allowing hands on development and working as part of an agile team, allowing you to focus your talents whilst working alongside experienced and highly-skilled engineers.
You will also bring experience in some of the following:
- C++ / C# / Java / JS / SQL
- Linux Programming and Scripting
- Virtualisation and Cloud deployment
- Web based frameworks and technologies
- User Interface Design
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!