Quality Leader - Supplier Improvements
Would you like to work for an organisation who has been safely delivering world class submarines to the UK Royal Navy for more than a century? We currently have a vacancy for a Quality Leader - Supplier Improvements at our site in Barrow.
As a Quality Leader - Supplier Improvements, you will be responsible for managing supplier's improvement projects to drive a reduction in notifications. Ensuring that agreed targets are met through the ability to provide leadership in all aspects of quality related activities. You will also be responsible for a multi-disciplined team ensuring that both customer & business requirements are met to correct quality, time and to budget.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be part of an industry leading organisation with excellent development opportunities and great career progression.
Your main responsibilities as a Quality Leader - Supplier Improvements will involve:
- Assessing supplier capability through risk management and data analytical skills using software e.g. MS Excel, Minitab
- Understanding and deploying quality process improvement techniques to ensure that continuous improvement is maintained
- Understanding and highlighting adverse trends, recommend and initiate corrective actions and ensure effective closure
- Utilising problem-solving techniques e.g. 8D, DMAIC for robust issues resolution
- Supporting Field Engineering teams to review Manufacturing processes at suppliers in terms of Design Validation (DV) & Process Verification (PV) Testing and Quality Assurance techniques.
- Understanding Statistical Process Control (SPC), Capability Analysis, Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Gage R&R (MSA) when reviewing supplier quality systems.
- Conducting Value Stream Mapping for process improvements to review current Business practices and identify process improvements using tools like MS Visio
- Providing Lean Six Sigma Training (Yellow & Green belt) and mentoring others
- Developing, maintaining and managing key relationships in the business both internally and externally
Your skills and qualifications as a Quality Leader - Supplier Improvements:
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is essential
- Demonstration of Quality Management Skills
- Risk Assessments
- Analytical Skills (trend analysis etc)
- Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering experience
- MS Office (Word, Excel), Minitab advantageous, MS Project
What we're looking for in you:
You will be a confident candidate with good communication skills both written and verbal. You will have experience developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Maritime - Submarines
Our Submarines business has been safely delivering world class submarines to the UK Royal Navy for more than a century.
The Astute class will equip the Royal Navy with its largest and most capable generation of attack submarines. We are responsible for the design, build, test and commissioning of these state-of-the-art vessels. In total, seven boats will make up the fleet, each weighing a mighty 7,400 tonnes.
Dreadnought is the successor to the Vanguard class of nuclear deterrent submarines. We will deliver four submarines to the Royal Navy, with the first submarine entering service in the early 2030s. Dreadnought is widely considered to be one of the world's most complex engineering challenges.
We have sites in Barrow-in-Furness, Filton, Frimley, Ash Vale, Broad Oak and Weymouth, and we pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
We recognise that an inclusive and diverse workplace - where all employees feel respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential - is vitally important. Not only does it inspire creativity and collaboration, it's good for business. We celebrate our differences and believe our diverse skills, abilities and perspectives strengthen our culture and our overall performance.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.
Find out more at #subsgodeeper on LinkedIn