An opportunity has arisen to lead the weapon systems work on a new product, supporting the British Army in developing its indirect fires capability - working as part of the Future Battlefield Capability team. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Good communication skills with a flexible approach, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to inspire a team.
- A Technical background ideally with an understanding across weapon system designs, related systems, platforms and sub-systems.
- Ability to think laterally and with initiative to develop new ideas, architectures and concepts.
- A positive attitude towards problem solving and developing solutions.
- Adaptability to changing needs and flexibility to ensure programme can be redefined and achieved.
- You will be able to demonstrate your interpersonal skills as this is a customer facing role - experience of the British Army is useful.
What would you get?
- This is a dynamic role with lots of exposure to our customers and interaction across the business
- Opportunity to manage and support a small team
- Develop a broad skill base, across technology and systems engineering
- Help to shape the future opportunities for MBDA
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- Weapon System level system development activities within Future Battlefield Capability team
- Ownership of the concept Weapon System Architecture and its development.
- Performing analysis of weapon system functions, behaviours, system architecture and concept design
- Head up the analysis of the wider battlespace integration topics and system-of-systems assessment to ensure concept is suitable for British Army operations.
- Support and work with the CW Portfolio Team and MBDA functional areas to ensure a credible roadmap is presented.
- Supporting engagement with the British Army and wider MOD to understand, define and develop their future needs
- Identifying technologies for future weapons and conducting systems assessment to determine their feasibility for the proposed future products.
- This is a growing team shaping the way MBDA works in collaboration with the British Army in the future
- Frequent exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects
- Have ready access to in-house experts to supplement and share knowledge and develop yourself
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.