Within the Integration and System Validation team based in Bristol, we have a number of roles to undertake a range of Integration and System Validation activities, supplying specialist advice and support to projects as appropriate. This role is to support the integration and testing on Naval and Land Platforms.
This is an opportunity at the heart of the Integration team for a suitable person that will expose and involve them in a wide spread of System Level Trials. There is the potential for extensive off-site work once it has been demonstrated that you are suitably experienced in the operation of equipment and processes that need to be followed.
You will be expected to design tests, debug, conduct, analyse and report the trials as part of the wider team. There will be a need to work well within a team separated from main MBDA sites. The Role
The roles encompass the life-cycle phases from Assessment through to in Service and will include some or all of the following activities:-
What’s in it for you?
- Trials Planning: Designing and planning trials ensuring that the required data is obtained from the trial.
- Trials Conduct: the conduct of trials activities such as lab based trials, platform trials and/or Live Firing Trials in both UK and overseas locations.
- The conduct of lab based compatibility activities.
- Supporting and guiding engineering activities on trials sites for various MBDA products for customers to demonstrate system operability.
- Leading and supporting demonstrations and customer acceptance trials on complex weapon systems.
- Prepare trials and integration documentation at all stages of a project life cycle.
- Carry out investigations into a full range of engineering problems, and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Define testing approaches and specify tests in assigned/specialist area(s).
- Plan, control and deliver assigned projects or work packages, and make an input as required to cross-functional projects/investigations.
What’s great about the team?
- This is a wide ranging role with opportunities for structured career development across a number of engineering disciplines
- Opportunities for travel within the UK and potentially overseas
What are we looking for?
- The ISV team is a key element in delivery of complex weapon systems development programmes and therefore provides an innovative, dynamic, delivery focused environment
- Opportunities for both office based and field based activities
Experience of working in one of the following environments:
- System Integration
- Design Proving and Trials
- Naval Integration
- Ground/Land Integration
- Missile Test
- Interface Design
- System assessment and acceptance
- Design Verification
- Electrical / mechanical construction and interfacing
- Electronic design/test
- Network integration
What would you get?
- Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Be able to communicate with a wide range of internal customers, sub-contractors / partners/ suppliers at both engineering and management levels
- Beneficial to have experience of MBSE tools, e.g. DOORS, Rhapsody, RTC
- Beneficial to have experience of coding, especially Python
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.