Engineer Data Operations
Would you like to play a key role designing, developing and delivering the Engineering Master Data Management Capability Program within the Air Sector? We currently have a vacancy for an Engineer Data Operations at our site in Warton.
As an Engineer Data Operations, you will be responsible for providing Engineering support for the development, implementation and coordination, and continuous improvement of Engineering Master Data Management toolsets and support to the Project Teams.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be involved across the Engineering Air Sector and cross functionally. You will have wide exposure to a diverse set of stakeholders and exposure to the way the wider business operates. You will have the opportunity to make a visible difference to the business.
Your main responsibilities as an Engineer Data Operations will involve:
- Supporting development of the Engineering Master Data Management (EMDM) capability / technology across multiple toolsets as the business evolves e.g. Project Phoenix, Saturn, etc.
- Supporting the development processes including Interface Control Documents (ICDs), requirements documents and testing scripts to ensure an efficient and effective execution of the Design system using EMDM techniques
- Maintaining and supporting the development of templates, checklists, workflows etc. for EMDM activities
- Supporting Product EMDM reporting developments i.e. Engineering Business needs
- Supporting the Data integrity service activities including support to the Project Teams
Your skills and qualifications as an Engineer Data Operations:
- A degree in a STEM subject would be desirable however equivalent experience would be considered
- Understanding of Product Configuration and Data Management principles would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Engineering DM toolsets and Design documentation across a variety of Aircraft products (desirable)
- Knowledge or understanding of creating & implementing procedures to correct standards and maintain data
- Knowledge or understanding of creating ICDs and requirements documents for use at Air Sector level
- Demonstrated good communication skills across a range of stakeholders at a working level
- Knowledge of toolset development and testing activities
- Liaising with other areas of the business to troubleshoot/problem solve/resolve existing issues
- Understanding of S2000M standard/or use of standards in general
What we're looking for in you:
You will need to be self-motivated, pragmatic, and an excellent communicator at a working level. You will be efficient in managing groups of stakeholders. You will be able to effectively manage your time in accordance with a schedule and be enthusiastic and willing to learn and adapt to a range of challenges.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Air
If you'd like to make a real difference where it counts, BAE Systems is the place for you.
From keeping soldiers, sailors and pilots safe to helping countries prosper, from developing the next generation of supersonic aircraft to investing in the next generation of super-smart talent - at BAE Systems, we work together to give our customers an essential edge in protecting the things that really matter. Lives, livelihoods, ways of life.
As part of our Air team, you could be working at the edge of what is technologically possible, shaping the future to ensure our customers are ready to face challenges we cannot even imagine today. You could be developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for generations to come and supporting our customers around the globe.
Join us and you'll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts.
We recognise that an inclusive and diverse workplace - where all employees feel respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential - is vitally important. Not only does it inspire creativity and collaboration, it's good for business. We celebrate our differences and believe our diverse skills, abilities and perspectives strengthen our culture and our overall performance.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.