An opportunity has arisen for a Platform Integration Certification & Validation Lead, supporting the Chief Platform Integrator with the oversight & delivery of Certification & compliance activities in supporting the clearing of systems onto the Wildcat platform. What are we looking for?
This role would suit someone with previous experience of System Engineering, Systems Integration, Certification and Validation activities.
- Preference is for someone with Certification Experience within MBDA or in the Defence industry.
- Someone with a ‘can do attitude’ who proactively identifies issues and engages with stakeholders at peer and at senior level.
- Someone who can juggle multiple workloads and priorities to deliver high quality output on time.
- Someone who can manage own output and that of the Certification and validation team, in support of the objectives of the wider integration team.
- The candidate must be able to communicate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and will gain experience of the end-user/customer environment.
Specific Knowledge and Experience
What’s in it for you?
- Knowledge of the defence regulatory framework such as Defence Standard (DEF-STAN 59-411, 59-114, DEF-STAN 00-970).
- Knowledge of Product life cycle.
- Knowledge of Weapon Systems, Munitions, aircraft avionics and 1760/1553 protocol.
- Knowledge of MBDA Business Management Process (BMS) for Verification, Validation and certification BMS would be desirable.
- Experience of using Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements (DOOR) would be desirable.
What would you get?
- You will be steering a focused team to deliver the certification and validation activities for a weapons integration programme, working closely with specialists both within MBDA and the platform design organisations.
- This is an opportunity for someone with good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration to utilise this within MBDA whilst increasing their knowledge and experience across a broad range of disciplines.
- The roles will have both office based and field based elements.
- The roles will involve travel within the UK and potentially overseas.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
What’s great about the team?
- Design Certification and Release to Service activities including but not limited to;
- Management of Wildcat Weapon System Design Proving Plan,
- Generation of Wildcat Design Verification Plan,
- Generation of Wildcat Compliance Matrix.
- Co-ordinating a range of subject matter experts both within MBDA and externally to address and resolve Certification and validation related issues.
- Represent the Platform Integration Team at the Design Monthly Review (DMR) with the design community.
- Deputise for the CPI as when needed in attendance of meetings, generation of documentation etc.
- People Management – Management of two staff including development, progression and reporting responsibilities.
- Work Package Management - Management of the Wildcat Certification & any other assigned Work Packages to define the requirement, identify the resource and manage delivery of the work package. This will include monthly reporting of the work package to project seniors.
- Be responsible for own development and growth utilising range of available training and developmental opportunities to ensure delivery of high quality output.
- Technically leading the integration of a complex MBDA air-launched weapon system onto one or more fixed wing platforms, working within the engineering team for the Chief Platform Integrator. The role also requires working with the platform design organisations and customer community to support delivery of military capability to the end user.
- Responsible for delivering the technical integration solution with the platform design authority.
- Co-ordinating a range of subject matter experts both within MBDA and externally.
- Planning and delivering the Engineering activities associated with the integration of weapons onto platforms.
- Supporting Design Certification and release to service of the integrated system. Production of Design Verification Plans and Certificates of Design.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.