About the Job
Are you experienced in manufacturing and digital transformation and looking for your next opportunity to implement integrated systems to transform a manufacturing operation?
Our new Manufacturing Transformation Manager role will spearhead the future of manufacturing at Games Workshop, transforming us into a paperless smart factory with automated processes. Implementing automation and integrated systems with real time metrics, performance reporting and visual management. Also supporting future step changes in technology, method and materials.
Managing a team you will evaluate and deliver step changes in our manufacturing business to help us to grow and ensure our success moving forward. Utilising your previous expertise you will be able to identify and develop plans that deliver significant improvement clearly and effectively.
- Responsible for evaluating & delivering step change improvement initiatives.
- Optimise the cost of goods to support financial objectives.
- Provide direction to identify, develop and agree roadmaps that deliver value adding business changes across technology, process and material improvements.
- Manage regular and consistent change team meetings to ensure buy in and clarity at all levels and business functions.
- Ensure best practice standards and procedures are agreed, clear, in place and delivered.
- Support and improve the collaboration and communication across the various departments in manufacturing and the wider business key interfaces.
- Champion an improvement and quality culture to constantly review and improve.
- Create, monitor and report on a clear set of goals, KPIs and reports to ensure consistent clarity on each improvement change.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Significant experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing / operational environment.
- Extensive previous experience in a change or process improvement role within Manufacturing.
- Demonstrable track record of creating solutions to deliver business improvement change across multiple departments.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing and engineering design with consideration to upstream and downstream business processes.
- Demonstrable ability to work within a multi-disciplined operation and leverage peers' expertise when needed.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to develop and write clear and concise business reports and plans.
- Strong collaboration, communication, influencing skills and relationship building across levels and functions.
- Ability to simplify the complex.
The ideal candidate will have experience of Industry 4.0, ERP (Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred), M.I.S systems, Product Information systems and a recognised HSE qualification (NEBOSH, IOSH or equivalent)
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let's not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, Sunday 22nd November.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application.