Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available.
Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
For our part, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity.
We are looking for a talented engineer to help us with development of automation control systems that drive test standardization. This engineer will be responsible for contributing to the implementation and improvement of tools to automate our systems, making sure that we keep our setup and operations processes simple. This individual needs to be capable of working as an integral part of the manufacturing test engineering team to deliver products and services to simplify product deployment and scaling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related fields
- Significant experience in manufacturing/operations of industrial/medical devices
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, GPIB IEEE, RS232 or USB interface protocols
- Professional knowledge of Windows, DOS, Android, Unix or Linux environments
- Proven experience in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and problem solving
- Proven experience in defining and releasing new test and measurement platforms for both production and R&D (including calibration, maintenance, training for operators, and dealing with Safety and Regulation rules) via appropriate measurement system analysis methods and tools
- Experience with electronics manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excels at using metrics and monitoring to measure and improve operational processes
- Experience developing and deploying automated tests (LabVIEW)
- Robotic control systems
- Network tool development and automation
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis techniques
- Experience with serial communication interfaces (CAN, I2C, SPI, etc.)