To Deliver a More Secure Future
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Simulation and Modelling Engineer to become a key member of a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project.
Simulation and Modelling is central to the design and development of MBDA’s products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and contribute across the System Engineering process. The Simulation and Modelling team is responsible for the development of these models and they are used to support:
- initial feasibility, concept proving and design trade-off studies
- Hardware in the Loop, algorithm and software activities
- trials programmes, including trials predictions used as part of the fit-to-fire decision and post-trials analysis for detailed trials evaluation
- formal performance statements, certificate of design and design verification processes for the guided weapon system
- As an experienced Level 4 engineer you will be responsible for development and integration of models and components to support programmes within MBDA.
- You will be able to act as a point of contact for Simulation and Modelling’s interactions with other teams e.g. Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality.
- You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems and prepare and develop solutions either individually or as part of a team.
- You will be expected to engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
What's great about the role?
- You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the design and functionality of MBDA’s weapon systems through your model development work and will understand how Simulation and Modelling supports our products
- You will have the opportunity to build relationships with engineers in related disciplines with whom we have a high level of interaction
- You will have an in-depth exposure to modelling tools as used by Simulation and Modelling and have the opportunity to develop relevant skills and apply them in developing large scale models.
- You will be part of an international function, with the possibility for interactions with our colleagues in France and Italy.
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a vibrant, hard-working team with a successful track record in achieving project milestones on time and on budget.
- You will be working in a very challenging environment which we are continuously improving to bring benefits to the programmes we are involved in. This includes processes, methods and toolsets, each of which brings a variety of specific challenges to solve in order to fully exploit new benefits across a wide range of programmes.
What are we looking for?
Ideally an appropriate good Engineering Degree or Masters in Systems or Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics and a proven track record in the following:
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Simulation & Modelling - preferably on Aerospace projects
- Simulink, MATLAB, and Stateflow
- High level programming languages, e.g. FORTRAN, C/C++
- Ability to produce a computer simulation from a mathematical specification
In addition you will:
- Software configuration
- A keen understanding of modelling processes
- Working within a quality process
What would you get?
- be highly autonomous and pro-active and be capable of working on your own initiative with a minimum of supervision, as well as within a Simulation and Modelling team working transversally with other functions
- have an understanding of and an ability to work within defined processes
- have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems
- have good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes
- be able to work with engineering teams, including in-house and contractor personnel
- have experience in applying systems engineering practices to large hardware/software development efforts, preferably in an Aerospace and/or Defence program environment
- have good understanding of, and good working experience in all phases of the engineering life cycle
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)