An opportunity has arisen to be part of the dynamic UK Systems Design - Capability Department supporting the development of Systems Engineering Capability and providing Systems Engineering support to strategic change programmes and Complex Systems development projects across the MBDA UK portfolio of products. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Systems Engineer with up to date knowledge of issues in relevant specialist area(s) e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Human Factors (HF), control and analysis.
- Understanding of state of the art Systems Engineering methods and their application in the systems engineering domain i.e. experience of lifecycle issues from concept through to disposal on major projects.
- Holistic Systems Thinker with experience of: architecting in complex environments; engaging with complex stakeholders to elicit and trade needs to deliver value; architecting at different levels of abstraction.
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Excellent communication and good problem solving skills are essential.
- Ideally with an appropriate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
As a key part of a small, fast-moving critical capability team you will have the opportunity to:
What would you get?
- Work closely with a variety of projects, functions and key stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Network with external professional bodies, peer organisations and academia.
- Collaborate and meet with international MBDA teams to share, leverage and implement coherent approaches
- Apply Systems Engineering to holistic Capability problems, contributing towards the direction that Systems Capability is delivered within MBDA UK
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The role forms part of a small team responsible for understanding current and emerging Systems Engineering best practice, applying this knowledge appropriately in the context of MBDA’s development programmes, and supporting project teams and practitioners in the application of the appropriate methods. This includes the development of the overall competency profile of Systems Engineers across the System Design & Validation function.
Key individual responsibilities include:
What’s great about the team?
- Providing education, training and consultancy style support to both key national and international project and business areas
- Assessing core Systems Engineering techniques and developing/delivering process improvement and behavioural change to teams.
- Ability to understand and implement MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering) concepts into practising projects.
- Ensuring consideration of a full lifecycle approach to the design of systems into project teams.
- Keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services.
- You will be joining a team of experienced Systems Engineers who have genuine passion and enthusiasm for Systems Engineering.They continually develop and readily share their knowledge and understanding of Systems Engineering methods and tools, specifically in a challenging model-driven context.
- The team have developed and continue to develop excellent working relationships with projects, other functions and key stakeholders across the business both in MBDA UK and the wider MBDA international group business.
- The team have real impact on the delivery of critical strategic programmes such as the current Model-based Engineering enhancement and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) programmes enabling collaborative model-based engineering across the MBDA enterprise.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.