Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for two Project Asset Engineer’s to be responsible for all aspects of the project engineering technical assurance and management. You will understand, develop, define and be able to schedule, plan, forecast, resource, and manage all the technical activities. You will be responsible for quality of project deliverable, and ensuring the works are delivered to time and budget. Working in an interesting and challenging environment your responsibilities will include:
- Lead by example in working S.A.F.E. across all works
- Ensure quality, technical and legislative requirements are met in the delivery of c2c works across the Civils, Buildings and M&E Portfolio
- Work to identify competent suppliers able to undertake works to c2c’s requirements
- Run/attend IDR/IDC, issue RFQ’s and evaluate for safety, quality and cost
- Ensure compliance with c2c’s financial governance procedures
- Work with Asset Manager to develop the necessary work scope definition(s) and that Technical Queries are managed.
- Ensure contractor makes timely and adequate access requests, (track access, AMS 2.6) – review WPPs and site management documentation
- Liaise with c2c station management teams to ensure impact to stations operations are minimised during delivery of works
- Undertake site inspections / audits on track safety, quality and efficiency of site work (including out of hours and attendance during possessions)
- Track and forecast contractor costs – report on under / overspend
- Ensure quality paperwork is compiled by contactor; review Entry into Service and Hand-back documentation, H&S Files and O&M Manuals in conjunction with Asset Managers and Project Engineer
- Ensure timely upload of information onto c2c’s shared drives. Manage commercial close out.
- Ensure close call systems is understood and used to support the AMS works.
What it takes:
- Proven working experience as a Project Engineer
- Excellent understanding of design stages/processes and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Ability to work with multi-discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Current engineer license
- Time management and organisation skills
- BA/BSc (Hons) degree, or equivalent in Engineering or relevant field
- PTS AC (Sentinel Sponsorship to be provided by employer, i.e. not c2c)
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Knowledge of Network Rail forms of design and standard’s particularly 02009, 003, and 004
- Experience of using Microsoft Software and Google Suite Software
- Knowledge of c2c and Network Rail operations and geography
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
Please state your expected salary within your cover letter. This is a Full time 2 yr Fixed term Contract
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.