Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to oversee, plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. Your leadership will ensure construction procedures are met, and the works are delivered in a safe, timely and efficient manner they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and work alongside a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have a can-do approach combined with proven organisational skills. Working in an interesting and challenging environment your responsibilities will include:
- Lead by example in working S.A.F.E. across all works
- Ensure quality, technical, and legislative requirements are met in the delivery of c2c works across the Civils, Buildings and M&E Portfolio
- Working alongside the Asset Manager(s) to ensure the work scope is resourced and delivered that engineering queries are managed.
- Work to identify competent suppliers able to undertake works to c2c’s requirements
- Attend IDR/IDC, assess for constructability, risk and logistics issues
- Ensure compliance with c2c’s financial governance procedures
- Ensure contractor is resourced and makes timely and adequate access requests, (track access, AMS 2.6) – review WPPs and site management documentation
- Liaise with c2c station management teams to ensure impact to stations operations are minimised during delivery of works
- Undertake site inspections / audits on track safety, quality, and efficiency of site work (including out of hours and attendance during possessions)
- Track and forecast contractor costs – report on under / overspend
- Ensure quality paperwork is compiled by contactor; review Entry into Service and Hand-back documentation, H&S Files and O&M Manuals in conjunction with Asset Managers and Project Engineer
- Ensure timely upload of information onto c2c’s shared drives. Manage commercial close out
- Ensure close call systems is understood and used to support the AMS works
What it takes:
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures, material(s) and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- PTS AC (Sentinel Sponsorship to be provided by employer, i.e. not c2c)
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Knowledge of Network Rail methods of construction, forms of design and standard’s particularly 02009, 003, and 004
- Experience of using Microsoft Software and Google Suite Software.
- Knowledge of c2c and Network Rail operations and geography.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
Please state your expected salary within your cover letter. This is a Full time 2 yr Fixed term Contract
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.