Who Are We?
Fusion Processing are leaders in automated vehicle technology with a growing engineering team based in Future Space Science and Technology Centre near Bristol. We use our deep theoretical knowledge, coupled with practical know-how and experience, to design highly advanced products that are both effective and robust. Our carefully selected network of supply chain partners ensures our high-quality products are delivered to our customers required standards.
Our CAVstar product combines advanced processor and sensor technology to provide a system that can autonomously drive vehicles of any size, from large 12m buses to small unmanned delivery vehicles. Our technology is also used to support the development of smart cities and to improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists, and drivers.
As a rapidly expanding innovative business there will be opportunities for career progression and professional development.
The Senior FPGA Engineer will have at least 5 years of FPGA experience coupled with an interest in either electronics or software. You will be an integral part of the innovative engineering team involved in the design, development, and verification of complete world class systems.
- FPGA SoC design based on project requirements for a variety of processing, interfacing and control programmes of work
- FPGA implementation, timing, and verification
- Perform FPGA system integration
- Perform system verification testing and validation to ensure functional requirements and safety compliance
- Identify system deficiencies and provide corrective actions
- Some software coding or electronics dependent on experience
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proficient experience in FPGA design, or integrated circuit design with some exposure to FPGAs
- Experience with Verilog/SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Experience with robust verification techniques
- Degree in electronics engineering or other technical degree
- Experience in a requirements based and safety critical environment would be beneficial
- Domain knowledge of optical image processing and radar would also be beneficial
- Candidates with a chip design background welcome
An organised motivated self-starter who is able to work independently with evolving programme deadlines and multiple priorities
Someone who is passionate about engineering and enthusiastic about new technology having had prior experience of working in other engineering organisations
Someone who embraces change - enabling business growth through innovation, problem solving and creative thinking
Deep, confident technical expertise having had experience in a leading-edge technological engineering environment
Able to demonstrate communication and decision making through good team working
All employees are responsible for ensuring company resources are used in an effective manner to ensure optimal operating costs
To have an active role in the company’s continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company