Due to an internal move, an opportunity has arisen within Simulation and Modelling for team leader. You will be leading a team on a development programme producing a suite of modelling software and delivering autocoded software into the product and key test facilities across MBDA. This presents you with the chance to interact across various areas of the project and help deliver a crucial modelling capability into the programme.
What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to lead technical activities and quickly understand complex technical problems.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of the roles of performance models
- Experience of using MATLAB/Simulink for performance modelling
- Ideally have experience in generating code from Simulink.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement, coordination and planning would be an advantage.
What would you get?
- Opportunity to gain leadership and management experience in a technical context
- With the support of peers develop yourself with a potential routes to Group Leader status
- Fully understand the modelling process and how it fits into the wider processes of projects and other functions and the value it adds
- Help develop the team to meet the demands of the projects but also embed the latest best practices
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- Take on the leadership of team of engineers delivering modelling and software to a range of departments across the programme and deliver on time, on cost and on quality.
- Interface into the project teams on behalf of the Group Leader and provide reports to function on the progress of the programme
- Set the team development, project and functional objectives
- You will coach and guide your team members providing regular feedback to enhance overall team performance and knowledge transfer
- Support departmental initiatives and encourage your team to provide ideas into these that will help support and sustain a culture of improvement.
You will be joining a diverse team of engineers working together to develop a modelling suite to meet the needs of a development programme
With the prospect of firing trials and integration work to support on the horizon there is a variety of challenges that will be met by a strong team.
Simulation and modelling is a growing department with opportunities to work across a range of interesting areas.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.