*Please note that we have positions available at various levels dependant on experience*
QinetiQ's Systems Engineers are renowned for providing high quality, independent technical advice to a wide range of customers, in support of their major acquisition programmes, and for developing our own range of world-leading products. We are looking for people to join our growing team of Systems Engineers who are interested in applying and developing their technical expertise, across a number of domains, both military and commercial.
QinetiQ’s Cyber & Information (C&I) business helps our customers to respond to ever evolving threats, based on our expertise in secured navigation, training, secure communication platforms, intelligence, surveillance and cyber security. We deliver Mission Led Innovation into global defence, security, and critical national infrastructure markets and we are excited to be recruiting new talent into the team, please read on for further details.
Opportunities to work in the following areas:
• Communications & Information Systems (predominantly military environment)
• Cyber and Security
• Electronic Warfare
• Research & Innovation
• Secured Navigation
• Global Navigation Satellite Systems – GNSS and electronic engineering
• Consultancy and Business Analysis
• Product Development (full lifecycle)
• Service Delivery
• Engagement with customers and developing new propositions
Key Accountabilities (Project and Individual Dependant):
• Working as part of a team supporting system engineering projects in a variety of domains, for internal and external customers;
• Engaging with external stakeholder communities, gathering material and understanding their requirements;
• Supporting and undertaking the technical design as guided by more senior Systems Engineers;
• Collaborating with other members of project teams;
• Identifying potential issues such as delivery problems, lack of input information etc.
• Working in a varied, complex, and frequently changing working environment, often with demanding timescales.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements (Project and Individual Dependant):
• Understanding and applying the Systems Engineering approach across the lifecycle;
• Developing Architectures, product design and development & through-life design & management;
• Business analysis and consultancy, including requirements gathering;
• Planning for trials, test and/or acceptance;
• Developing outputs for customers (reports, products, services)
• Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Architectural Framework (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF)
• Flexibility to travel as required to support project activities;
• British National, able and willing to attain UK SC level clearance.
Why join us?
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success with QinetiQ is the appetite for innovation and courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. Joining QinetiQ offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting-edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests. We offer an opportunity to work across a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position and we will be in contact.