We are Dematic, one of the world’s largest materials handling systems supplier. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It’s our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
This role is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team at Dematic helping to define and shape the future of materials handling solutions covering the UK region.
The Role Specific Responsibilities
- Create cost effective structural solutions in relation to material handling systems.
- Assist mechanical design engineers develop system layouts within building and services constraints.
- Provide system integration drawings and technical specifications.
- Provide loading calculations for the detail design of structures.
- Give advance notice of materials required to purchasing department.
- Approve and issue specialist supplier/subcontractor designs and details for manufacture and construction.
- Provide access solutions for maintenance and egress in-line with local regulations.
- Create manufacturing drawings and parts lists for equipment within scope of supply.
- Liaise with sales project managers and solutions teams during sales phase.
- Liaise with mechanical engineers, project managers, customer and sub-contractors during order execution phase.
- Liaise with and provide technical information to any department so entitled, i.e. purchasing, projects, service, spares.
What We Are Looking For
- Essential: HNC/HND or equivalent in Engineering (Mechanical, civil, structural) or relevant indsutry expereince
- Desirable: Graduate with degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline or relevant industry experience
- Desirable: A solid foundation of structural design, experience of working with steel structures inside warehouses.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Previous use of CAD, Inventor or similar software.
- Previous use of structural design software.
If you are considering your next career move and would like to have an informal confidential telephone conversation to discuss opportunities at Dematic, please contact:
For Mechanical Design; Sales Engineering; Software Development or Controls Engineering roles: Teresa Hopkins 01295 274898 email@example.com
For site based maintenance and installation positions: Nick Wong 01295 5959957 firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for any other enquiry: Dave Hughes 01295 274790 email@example.com