Are you a business analyst who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organization?
Due to the success of a number of strategic programs, we are growing our delivery capability with creative and ambitious business analysts. Your role will be to facilitate interactions between users and technical teams, to ensure delivered capabilities meet our customers’ emerging mission needs.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. In Northrop Grumman’s rapidly growing UK Cyber and Intelligence business, we support our customers’ work to make the UK the safest place to live and do business, both physically and online.
Working with and alongside our customers, we use modern engineering methods (Scaled Agile, DevSec Ops, Site Reliability Engineering, micro-service architectures) and cutting edge techniques (data science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning) to tackle complex and challenging problems and deliver cost effective, reliable, supportable solutions.
Our solutions support complex analysis of substantial amounts of data, requiring state of the art ‘big data’, stream processing and cloud-based analytics, identifying and using ‘best of breed’ commercial and open source technologies and integrating them with our own software to meet customer needs quickly and efficiently.
At Northrop Grumman we pride ourselves on our ability to combine agile development with sound engineering and security practices to ensure that our solutions are robust and resilient; designed and built to start secure and stay secure against ever evolving cyber security threats. As well as designing for security, Information Assurance and legal / policy compliance, we actively assess products and services, identifying vulnerabilities and weaknesses that could be exploited by cyber attackers, and we create and run exercises to pit cyber security specialists against secure systems and each other.
We carry out research and innovation locally in the UK, with commercial and academic partners, and across our 85,000+ worldwide workforce.
How you will make a difference
As a Business Analyst, you will;
• Work with customer stakeholders to capture and elaborate requirements, including strategic, business and technical requirements;
• Ensure business benefit is articulated and used to drive prioritisation of work;
• Assess business impact of solution prior to deployment and develop and implement mitigation strategies;
• Facilitate large scale workshops and meetings (for example PI meetings);
• Act as a coach to Product Owners and other team members where necessary
• Act as a proxy product owner where necessary to plan and prioritise work
• Effectively manage relationships, including managing client expectations on behalf of NG and managing user expectations on behalf of the project.
• Work with cross organisational SMEs to understand technology improvements and impacts for Change initiatives.
• Contributes to the development of NGs Business Analysis capability by developing internal standards and managing staff as necessary
• Analytical degree or equivalent relevant experience
• Knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies to define business problems;
• Experience of requirements capture and management
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Skills in influencing and negotiation methods and techniques
• A good understanding of available and emerging IT technologies
• An ability to understand how IT supports our customers’ requirements
• Capable of dealing with conflicting priorities between different specialist groups within a fast paced Agile environment
• Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within the organisation, including senior management, operations personnel and customers
• Experience of developing business analysis skills in others
• Diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent
• Experience of working in a technical role
• Understanding of business change and user experience methodologies
• Understanding of project delivery in Lean/Agile environments and knowledge of Scrum and Kanban teams
• Experience of working in a SAFe delivery role
• Experience of using Atlassian Jira/ IBM RTC suite, or similar product lifecycle software packages
• Experience of working with UK government
• Experience leading and managing a team
Applicants must hold and maintain UK Government clearances
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.