Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
To support the Dematic installed base by undertaking emergency breakdown cover for controls, electrical and mechanical related disciplines. To deputise for the Duty Manager during on call periods, handle customer support calls and control customer incidents remotely. Occasional scheduled service work may also be required.
- To undertake scheduled repairs in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry standard practices
- To undertake emergency repairs in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry standard practices
- To deputise for the Duty Manager during on call periods
- To undertake occasional scheduled service work in accordance with the standards set out in the relevant manufacturers equipment manual.
- To accurately record all work undertaken
- To provide a 24hr x 7day emergency on-call service as required
- To comply with Health & Safety legislation at all times
- To ensure quality of output at all times
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- To ensure the correct equipment/tools are carried to undertake the role
- To adhere to the Quality processes and procedures as set out by the company.
- To identify continuous improvement and sales opportunities
What We Are Looking For
- 5 years experience within the warehouse automated industry.
- Minimum HNC / HND (or equivalent) qualification in electrical/electronic discipline.
- Good understanding of control systems and techniques especially Siemens S7 along with Distributed Control Systems/Drives and Scanners.
- LEEA Part 1.
- Working knowledge of LOLER regulations.
- Working knowledge of FEM and BS standards governing the automated warehouse industry.
If you are considering your next career move and would like to have an informal confidential telephone conversation to discuss opportunities at Dematic, please contact:
For Mechanical Design; Sales Engineering; Software Development or Controls Engineering roles: Teresa Hopkins 01295 274898 email@example.com
For site based maintenance and installation positions: Nick Wong 01295 5959957 firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for any other enquiry: Dave Hughes 01295 274790 email@example.com