There is an opportunity to join the certification team and support a significant guided firing trials campaign. This will be a challenging programme with multiple variants of the most complex missile MBDA has ever produced. Your task will be to ensure each trial has the documentation that underwrites the trials hardware/software and that the trials will be successful. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Must have experience of IBM DOORS
- Experience of Missile/Weapon Systems, Systems Combat or Command & Control Systems
- Highly Motivated with excellent communications skills and proven team working ability
- Experience of Aerospace, Defence etc is desirable, and not essential
Excellent opportunities for networking across project in multiple Domain/Function areas. Engagement across all levels of the project including with MOD.
Career opportunity to grow into a scares skill area for Systems Design UK
You will be working on a new complex system and trials campaign that will provide interesting and exciting opportunities.
You will need to developed approaches to Functional Chain analysis/definition of V&V needs.
Use Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) Driven Proving interface from Systems Design (SD) into Integration and Systems Validation (ISV).
Domain led design assurance & design reviews.
Strong customer interface at MOD working groups. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- Generating certification evidence to support missile firing campaigns.
- Develop different strategies in order to generate Verification and Validation Evidence.
- Liaise with various stakeholders to ensure the system has been proven correctly.
- You will need to ensure that paperwork is generated in line with company and industry standards.
- You will provide a key input to Fit to Trial Activities.
- You will be part of the Certification Team that works with the wider systems team and project. The Certification team liaises with each of the Design Authorities to ensure the hardware and software will be fit for the purpose, safe and meets the requirements.
- The Certification Team end goal is to create the final Weapon System Certificate of Design at the end of the programme. In the run-up to the Final CofD a number of trials will need certification evidence to support them.