Electronic Engineering (EE) has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution within MBDA: a world-class European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created an exciting opportunity within the Electronic Engineering function for a Systems Engineer within Automated Test Equipment ( Electrical and Electronic) to define and develop technical solutions and design strategies for our electronic test equipment.
You will be responsible for managing the technical elements of test equipment, working alongside the Engineering Project Manager to ensure the ‘On Time, On Cost, On Quality’ delivery of the technical solution.
What are we looking for?
Ideally educated to degree level or an equivalent qualification, with an electronics bias, having obtained substantial experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Automated Test Equipment design (hardware and software domains)
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems
- Power electronics for distributed power networks
- Design of equipment for safety critical environments
- Design of equipment for handling of sensitive customer data
- Understanding of software and firmware development techniques
- RF, Signal Processing & Software Defined Radio experience desirable
- EMC, CE compliance and Environmental design experience desirable
The role requires working with the test equipment future business lead to understand forthcoming products test strategy, and translating this into a test architecture proposal. To do this successfully, you will need to have:
What's in it for you?
- An excellent understanding of the systems development lifecycle throughout the complete V-model for sub-system development.
- The curiosity and enthusiasm to keep up-to-date with latest engineering techniques and products
- Ability to think outside of the box to implement innovative and effective engineering solutions.
- The ability to communicate with stakeholders clearly and concisely on technical matters.
- Strong influencing skills and stakeholder management.
- The ability to work independently & pro-actively
- The ability to adapt quickly to obstacles and changing demands.
- Willingness to travel within UK and Europe when required.
What would you get?
- Provides an opportunity to be instrumental in defining the direction that future test equipment within MBDA takes.
- An opportunity to develop a team, setting its strategy and seeing it grow to high performance through your own efforts
- Be involved in high tech products and work with teams of diverse technical and personal capabilities
- Develop your own technical and functional management skills and capabilities to enable you to take advantage of a wide range of future opportunities to advance your career and to advance MBDA’s capabilities
- Participate in multinational events, teams and work so gaining an appreciation how other cultures work
- Recognised as a technical expert and advisor
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.The Role
The role is responsible for the definition of the electrical and mechanical architecture of the equipment and the analysis and decomposition to the lower level requirements for the sub-elements.
Typically, responsibilities include:
What’s great about the team?
- Establishing the equipment architecture definition and justifying design decisions
- Identifying and managing technical risk throughout the development lifecycle.
- Generating Cardinal Point Specifications / Technical Requirement Specifications
- Promoting reusable functions and modules (e.g. computing cores).
- Overseeing the development, ensuring compliance with the established architecture.
- Managing project technical delivery by leading the design and development of a technical solution that is fully compliant with the CPS and TRS, and is a quality (value for money/fit for purpose) product delivered to project schedule and budget.
- Providing input and support to the Test and Evaluation team throughout the development of the verification and validation strategy for the equipment.
- Collaborating with the Technical Expert (TX) community to develop product roadmaps and develop Product Evolution and Technology Plans for relevant technologies.
- You will be working with a team that is extremely competent and highly committed. As an organisation, we work on technologies that make us the best at what we do. When properly supported our people can do extraordinary things and so can you.
- Pride. We love our jobs. What we do is important to us, to our families and to our nation. We excel because we want to ensure freedom of choice and expression.
- Support. We all need a steer, a little advice. No business does this better. You will get the support of a mentor network, a people management community (who offer leadership support through focus groups and hosting internationally renowned experts in leadership) and peers and the people you are there to support will support you. We work better as a team and when you join our team, you will be made welcome.
- We strive to be better. We encourage you to teach us, and if you are great at what you do we want you to share your knowledge and experience to help us improve.
- EE is comprised of dedicated and adaptable engineers who rise to challenges and take great pride in what they do.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.