We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team in Stevenage. The candidate will have a strong bias towards dimensional metrology and experience of operating measuring equipment including CMM and surface measurement machines. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Minimum qualification: HNC/HND in Engineering discipline
- Modern apprenticeship required (NVQ L3 or equivalent).
- Experience and knowledge in the calibration of mechanical tooling and maintenance of test systems.
- Good understanding of calibration processes.
- Able to mentor and support junior staff when requested by line manager.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive and a good team player.
- Good communication skills with the ability to tailor communication to the relevant audience.
- A good understanding of UNCERTAINTY OF MEASUREMENT.
What would you get?
- Working with the latest technologies
- Personnel Development: qualifications and ‘on the job training’.
- Working collaboratively with a multi-disciplined team
- Flexible hours
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- Providing technical advice / guidance, on all measurement matters to Design and Project Teams.
- The design and manufacture of simple calibration aides.
- Representation of company when attending conferences and/or metrology equipment companies.
- Use of CMM’s, optical measurement (Theodolites, Auto-Collimators, and Telescopes), thread measuring machines, height gauges, and hand tools (Micrometers, Vernier Calipers, DTI’s etc.).
- Use of angle measurement using precision Index and autocollimators for the calibration of angle gauges, polygons, and any other requirements.
- Carryout all types of measurement including dimensional, angular, surface roughness, form, flatness and roundness using the appropriate equipment.
- Produce clear and precise measurement reports highlighting results and Deviations from Drawings / specifications provided.
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 11,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, stimulating and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.