Lead the systems capability within the Missile Data Link Centre of Excellence. You will be working to deliver complex data link terminal solutions into missile systems and will be involved in a number of technically challenging UK and international programmes as part of a highly motivated team of skilled engineers.
What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience
- Ability to motivate yourself and others to achieve demanding and evolving tasks while maintaining a calm professional manner
- Previous experience of team leadership
- Working together as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as with personnel from other European nations
- You will have a good understanding of system design across the full lifecycle from requirements elicitation and management through to verification and validation
- Some background in information security and implications for data links would be beneficial
What would you get?
- Varied work with a range of opportunities across multiple UK and international projects to support your development
- You will be supported by a team with extensive experience of RF systems and subsystems and have access to testing facilities and design tools needed to supply state-of-the-art solutions
- Development of RF and electronics expertise and the good opportunity to cultivate/improve your application of systems engineering
- Opportunities to work with colleagues at other MBDA sites both in the UK and across Europe
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of subjects, both through formal and/or on the job training
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
What’s great about the team?
- The successful applicant will lead the systems capability to design, prove and certify the latest missile data link products for a variety of applications.
- Your will be responsible for developing and delivering the systems capability to meet the current and future needs of the Centre of Excellence. This shall include people, process and tools.
- The team management will combined both functional line management as well as the management of seconded resources from MBDA’s wider systems capability and Electronic Engineering’s Test & Evaluation capability.
- You will help to define the future roadmaps for data link products within MBDA and be involved in cutting edge research and development programmes to mature the technology required to support this.
- The System’s Lead is part of the Centre of Excellence core management roles.
- You’ll be joining a dynamic multi-disciplined co-located team focused on the development of technically complex products with a diverse set of customer projects across the MBDA group.
- The team is committed to delivering in demanding timescales and provides a supportive environment to enable all team members to contribute to providing world class capability to our customers.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.