An opportunity has arisen for a Stevenage-based highly-motivated and people-orientated individual to lead the UK security operations element of a leading defence company. As an experienced security professional you will manage a large in-house and out-sourced security team with responsibility for delivering physical, information, personnel and project security solutions across 7 sites in the UK. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- You will have a consistent track record in the management of high performing security teams and knowledge of UK security regulations and practices in the defence sector.
- You will be a highly motivated teammate with a “can do” attitude and the desire for personal development/growth.
- You will require strong and articulate written and oral skills; able to present security information in a confident and engaging manner.
- Good interpersonal skills are needed in order to develop positive relationships with internal and external partners.
- Able to respond positively to changing business demands and prioritise effectively the various demands of the role.
- The role will require you to devise and develop enduring and proportionate security solutions that facilitates business activity whilst achieving regulatory compliance.
- Professional qualification in relevant security field
Leading a team of hardworking and motivated security professionals with a great work ethic and strong team spirit. This role will allow you to demonstrate your ability to think both strategically and tactically; crafting the security culture of MBDA. The role offers opportunities to develop both personally and professionally though security related training and qualifications, and management development opportunities. You will also be able to develop your network by enacting with other security colleagues within the defence industry. What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- Leading & developing security teams to deliver high quality and business-orientated policies and processes in support of MBDA’s business activities.
- Devise and implement processes and procedures for MBDA UK to maintain compliance with mandated HMG and company security requirements.
- Establish and implement procedures to protect company property, employees and classified information both on and off sites.
- Lead the effective provision of a Technical Security Counter-Measures capability.
- Maintain currency in security standard methodology and lead activities to identify efficient, innovative and cost effective security solutions to emerge challenges.
- Run the Project Security Planning process through development of collaborative relationships with project teams and creation of effective supporting processes; integrate with other countries in the MBDA Group.
- Ensure that UK and overseas off-site trials activities have an enabling and structured security framework that ensures mandatory requirements and recognised standard methodologies are adopted.
- You will be working alongside a team that aspires to enable business activity by crafting a strong security culture through employee and management engagement
- Day to day problems and challenges are dealt with pro-actively and with intent to ‘go above and beyond’ if necessary
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives!
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.