An opportunity has arisen in an evolving and exciting security operations centre within Information Management for a senior SOC analyst. Supporting the SOC Manager in assisting IM meet the challenges and demands of countering the Cyber Threat. The successful applicant will drive a proactive ethos in an ever changing cyber security environment and provide robust threat detection and analysis to senior partners. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- A career background in Information/Cyber Security. Security awareness and experience in all areas of IT, primarily Network Security Infrastructure and the secondary area being Operating Systems & Applications.
- Knowledge of IT Security standard methodologies.
- Demonstrable understanding of the OSI Reference Model and the network communication protocols, including but not limited to DNS, HTTP/S, SSL, SMTP, FTP/S, LDAP/S.
- Demonstrable experience with Security Information Event Monitoring Tools and/or Network Packet Capture tools.
- Strong analytical experience and mind-set.
- Experience within Defensive Cyber-attack methodologies and frameworks.
- Understanding of Malware capabilities, attack vectors, propagation and impact.
- Good communication skills liaising with the business and suppliers.
- Preferred technology experience / awareness of the following systems, LogRhythm/ Splunk / Fireeye / Darktrace / McAfee / IPS/IDS / Bluecoat / Checkpoint / Microsoft SCEP.
Opportunities to develop new skills and gain accreditation with network security tools; involved in research and development of new tools which we demonstrate at a Group and UK level. Opportunity for a variety of UK and European travel to collaborate closely with European counterparts. What we can offer
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
To support the Security Operations Manager in assisting Information Management UK meet the challenges and demands of countering the Cyber Threat. Deputise for the operational functions of the UK SOC. To work with other UK SOC members, including the UK Infosec Manager and the Information Management Domains (Customer Support and Infrastructure / Information Systems). It will cover analysis, monitoring, trending, reporting, alerting and investigation activity utilising a wide variety of security platforms, SIEM (Security Information Event Management), Network Packet Capture platform, Anti Malicious Code, Threat Detection technologies and platforms across the UK Network Perimeter working with the newest technologies. Here's what's great about our team
- We are an expanding, diverse team supporting each other to provide strong analytical solutions.
- You will be joining a friendly and focussed team responsible for the countering of cyber threats to MBDA at a UK and Group level.
- The team is currently working towards a more proactive ethos in threat hunting and detection.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.