We currently have a fantastic new opening within our Engineering Leadership team for a Test Architect to join a dynamic and exciting team, developing systems solutions for a variety of military and civil customers.
You will need a broad knowledge of orchestrating systems solutions in a military environment, someone who thinks of all the possibilities and can be ten steps ahead – considering customer requirements and developing them into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost costraints.
Ideally you will have experience of implementing Test Frameworks and Automation tools, model based engineering and be ISTB qualified. You will also need experience of qualifying software to Safety Integrity levels (SIL2, DO-168) and defining and monitoring sub-contract test activities; but this role requires more than technical ability.
You must be able to stand out and develop into a leader who can be relied upon for expertise within your field. You must be the person who can get things done and work through processes and procedures to find a way round and a timely solution whilst always thinking commercially.
Lockheed Martin promotes a healthy work / life balance and as part of this we work a 9/75 working pattern (75 hours over 9 day fortnight - so you get every other Friday off). This is one of many benefits that come with working for us.
The Test architect will have ownership of enterprise wide initiatives. The Test Architect shall plan, implement, test, document and maintain enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products. During this process all parts of a UKIS’s existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements (taking into consideration the special technology needs) shall be analysed and identified.
The Test Architect will report to the Engineering Leadership Team and be under the general direction of the Integration and Test Manager.
- Developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
- Application of advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Review, evaluation and derivation of requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems.
- Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced I&T technical research studies and applications.
- Serves as organization I&T spokesperson on complex projects and/or programs.
- Support Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
- Provides consultative Technical and Test process oversight to programs.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience and considerable familiarity with MOD programs
• Experience of planning the integration of large complex systems.
• Experience of qualifying systems to Safety Integrity Levels (SIL 2, DO-168)
• Technical confidence in a supplier facing role, experience of defining & monitoring sub-contract test activities
• An ability to build a strong technical working relationships, and the ability to collaboratively work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve cost, schedule, or technical issues.
• An ability to understand system and subsystem requirements and develop Integration and Acceptance solutions.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Experience of solution test, acceptance, and transition to operations, including the management and resolution of defects.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Knowledge of integration to Def Stan 21-88
• Knowledge of Modelling based Engineering and Simulation techniques for validation
• Familiar with Military EMC and Environmental Standards.
• Experience of implementing Test Frameworks and Automation tools
• Experience of Software Testing (ISTB qualified)
• Familiar with DOORS
• Experience with JIRA
• Familiar with Defect reporting and tracking systems
• MODAF/DODAF desirable.