An opportunity has arisen to join the Applications and Tools team within the Systems Engineering and Design Capability department. The role will involve supporting projects in their use of current and emerging systems engineering toolsets, whilst concurrently being actively involved in developing usage to improve efficiency and consistency across UK projects. What are we looking for?
What is in it for you?
- Project experience within a Systems or Software Engineering Collaborative environment, ideally with experience of systems engineering toolsets (e.g. DOORS, Rhapsody, RTC)
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities whilst concurrently collaborating with a diverse set of partners.
- Strong desire for the continuous improvement of the approach to systems engineering within the company, helping projects delivery their commitments.
- Ability to learn new technologies and support the work undertaken by the Application & Tools Team to introduce these for multi project use.
- Ideally, experience in a simulation and modelling environment either gained from being an active user or being an administrator of multi-core high memory networked workstations and/or high performance computing/high memory cluster configurations.
As a key part of a small, critical capability team, you will have the opportunity to:
You will get!
- Work closely with a variety of projects, functions and key partners at all levels of the business to build a broad understanding of the company.
- Collaborate and meet with international MBDA capability teams to share, use and implement coherent approaches.
- Apply Systems Engineering to holistic Capability problems, contributing towards the direction that Systems Engineering is heading within MBDA UK.
- Develop significant depth in systems engineering toolsets placing the successful candidate in an excellent position for future project roles.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid extra hours (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Key individual responsibilities include:
Join a great team!
- Support the high availability / multi project / high speed Windows Grid (High Performance) Computing Facility infrastructure
- Deliver project specific support as arranged by Projects and the System Engineering Application Team Lead
- Participate in upgrades of Windows Systems Engineering Applications and High Performance Computing
- Understand and support the evolution of MATRIX in MBDA
- Extend knowledge to provide further individual and overall team capability in IBM ALM Tool Suite (primarily RTC and DOORS/DOORS NEXT)
- You will be joining a team of experienced Systems Engineers who have genuine passion and enthusiasm for Systems Engineering. They continually develop and readily share their knowledge and understanding of Systems Engineering methods and tools.
- The team have developed and continue to develop excellent working relationships with projects, other functions and key partners across the business both in MBDA UK and the wider MBDA international group business.
- The team have real impact on the delivery of critical strategic programmes such as the current Model-based Engineering enhancement and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) programmes enabling collaborative model-based engineering across the MBDA enterprise.
MBDA is an award winning company; and we are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.