Exciting and unique opportunities exist to help shape the future of UK Combat Air by becoming a member of MBDA’s Future Combat Air System team. Individuals will contribute to the international Tempest Enterprise, exploring and applying the latest engineering approaches with emerging technology to develop a Combat Air System. Comprising 6th Generation fighter aircraft, unmanned wingmen and Future Effectors, the Combat Air System will be capable of facing potential threats in the 2040 timeframe. What are we looking for?
Systems engineers and systems architects with experience of:
What’s in it for you?
- Requirements analysis and management
- System architecture design, including system of systems
- Functional decomposition
- MBSE approaches and tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
- Concepting and experimentation
- Interfaces definition and interface exchange requirements
- System integration
- Experimentation using synthetic environments and models
- Knowledge of systems engineering toolset (e.g. DOORS, Rhapsody, Matlab, PLM/ALM)
- Collaborative mind-set and behaviours, open to new ideas and new ways of working
- Experience of working in AGILE teams beneficial, or specific role (Product Owner, SCRUM master)
- Experience gained developing military aircraft, avionics, weapon systems, communications networks or other complex systems/software products is highly desirable.
The Future Combat Air System offers team members the following opportunities and experience:
What would you get?
- A once in a generation opportunity to be involved in a UK-wide transformational Defence programme. The programme will be at the forefront of MBDA’s own transformation initiatives and presents a chance to implement change through your daily activities.
- Work with other UK defence industry and international partners, alongside the customer and MoD agencies in a dynamic, fast paced, collaborative environment
- Create a fully digital enterprise that will transform combat aircraft and weapon systems development, revolutionise weapons integration and optimise how effects are delivered
- Learn, explore and apply emerging technologies such as effects optimisation using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, cooperative weapons, combat cloud, manned/unmanned teaming, novel weapons and more
- Develop yourself and progress your career by getting involved at the outset of a future programme where the ideas of today will turn into reality of tomorrow.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
Various roles are available at different levels. Your role will support the delivery of the concept and assessment phase through contributing to, or leading, agile sprint teams which are:
Join a great team!
- Identifying and developing requirements
- Developing system architecture at system of system level down to sub-system level
- Developing and assessing concept solutions using advanced models and synthetic environments
- Road mapping and maturing technologies
- Planning risk reduction and conducting technology demonstration and system integration activities
The Tempest Enterprise will build on the team ethos of Team Tempest, which is an open and collaborative team comprising industry and MoD working in a joint manner.
Team members are encouraged to take ownership of delivering their contribution to the collective goals, to continually improve and be open to adopting innovative approaches in order to deliver maximum value for the customer.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.