This is an exciting opportunity in a fast moving, unique, multi-national Function managing the Company Industrial Policy and Supply Chain Management approach. The successful candidate will be responsible for the evaluation and development of an assigned portfolio of Major Equipment Suppliers in order to ensure Capability, Capacity and Performance against current and future Domestic and Export programme requirements. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Good influencing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Root cause analysis, 8D’s, A3’s, Fishbone
- Proven experience within a Manufacturing environment, Capability & Capacity expertise
- Working in a Matrix organisation
What would you get?
- The role will require engagement, collaboration and facilitation within a multi-functional team environment in order to assess and continuously improve the supply chain.
- Opportunity to be involved in sophisticated international development programmes, delivering a critical element to help deliver on our customer commitments.
- A unique role that will provide visibility and experience across major equipments of missile and weapon systems, exposing the successful applicant to a range of complex and technologically sophisticated products and technologies.
- The Industrial Policy, Global Supply Chain and Procurement (ISP) directorate are developing a Procurement Academy to deliver enhanced levels of capability and certified training, so we can support career path development.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities! The Role
The primary objective of this Supply Chain Management role is to support the creation of a robust, sustainable and high performing Supply Chain focused on Continuous Improvement in order to maintain MBDA’s ability to meet customer delivery milestones for current and future programmes. Running a portfolio of equipment suppliers you will support cross functional activities to assess the Operational Performance and Business Capabilities of your suppliers. The role is a pivotal position that requires the ability to be able to engage and build effective relationships at all levels.
Here's what’s great about our team!
- Development Phase (for assigned Portfolio of Suppliers):
- Support Project Industrial Manager for Supplied Equipment (IMSE) during the development phase, by providing a complete picture of Supplier Performance, Risk, Capability and Global Capacity.
- Contribute, as appropriate, to Industrial Validation Process (PRR, FAI, IVM, VMS) in support of the Project IMSE and endorse the Surveillance Plan to be executed during the Production phase
- Production Phase (for assigned Portfolio of Suppliers):
- Risk Management
- Generate Supplier Risk Profile through Risk Understanding assessment as part of the Supply Chain Risk Management process, determining a baseline maturity scorecard.
- Identify potential industrial Supply Chain Risks and put in place associated improvement and mitigation plans. Manage risks to closure. Escalate critical Supply Chain risks affecting Supplier OT and OQ performance using company Risk tool.
- Industrial Performance
- Monitor Supplier Performance (On Time, On Quality) and its adherence to Operational demand during production.
- Manage preventive analysis against delivery performance: Conduct root cause analysis, in conjunction with Supplier, in order to address actual and predicted poor performance against OT and OQ targets.
- Recovery and Improvement actions
- Develop Continuous Sustainable Improvement Plans (CSIP) and track improvement trend against baseline maturity score. – both looking at MBDA and supplier sides
- Manufacturing capabilities sustainability
- Ensure, after VMS, the continuity of industrial processes and tools at the supplier facility, put in place during development and in consistency with Surveillance Plan. Ensure sustainability during potential ramp-up or ramp-down phase.
The Supply Chain Management team is a dynamic, growing and experienced team with a balance of technical and business professionals, which ensure that we cover the diverse range of skills required. We are positioned alongside major partners to improve the added value of the activities and function that it delivers.
We are driving towards achieving a vision of ‘A robust and sustainable Major Equipment Supply Chain that delivers to our business and customer requirements supply base capable of supporting MBDA’s global vision and strategy
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.