Due to the promotion of the previous role holder, MBDA seek an experienced delivery and operations manager to be the lead for the Information Systems (IS) engineering domain in the UK. As part of the group management team for IS Engineering, this role is key to the delivery of group projects and system operations in to the UK company. You will also be a member of the UK IS management team responsible for national projects, national support, maintenance and supplier management. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent industry and engineering knowledge, with a background in Systems Engineering, or Information Systems management. Product Lifecycle Management and Application Lifecycle Management experience an advantage.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills. A technical background able to analyse and define solutions and processes would be crucial.
- You will need to demonstrate your ability and willingness to follow internal and external standards that apply, including business and Information Management defined practice; Project Management and Systems Operations standard; security requirements and recommendations; and general industry good practice.
- You must have the ability to coordinate internal and sub-contract activities with experience in working across team and functional boundaries.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills demonstrating strong budget and financial management capability.
- The MBDA international business language is English. Multi-lingual skills are an advantage.
What would you get?
- You will lead and manage a key internal team and external suppliers within Information Systems UK) as well as helping to coordinate the wider Information Management engagement within the scope of the role, including international projects.
- You will be part of the flagship MatriX project which has high profile support as it moves into a second phase of expansion which includes coverage of industrial engineering management and technical publications management.
- You will have the opportunity to exercise your technical skills and develop your leadership proficiencies and provide a career path for yourself and those you work with.
- Depending on experience you may also have line management responsibility for the UK team
- You may travel to the MBDA locations including France, Italy, Germany & UK, working alongside the wider international IS Engineering team.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
What’s great about the team?
- Deliver and run the end to end lifecycle for national company specific projects, tasks and improvement activities. Provide Release and Transition Management for all deployments into the national company from group projects.
- Maintain the relationship with the national stakeholders, national internal team members, undertaking or assisting with line management of internal IS Engineering resources as required.
- Provision, own and run national budgets including forecasts, purchasing and invoice payment, handling external suppliers
- Run and be responsible for the IS Engineering operational, support and maintenance activities coordinating with other IM lines of service including the service provided for Level 2 support from the IS supplier. Provision, own and handle Level 3 support.
- Assist the group CoC leads and Group Head with the group strategy and roadmaps. Coordinate with local tactical strategies and roadmaps with other IM departments.
We are at an exciting time, moving to the beginning of a new phase as we plan the future expansion of the MatriX PLM and ALM solution and the future roadmap! The current teams within Information Management and engineering capability with whom you will work have a diverse range of skills that provides an excellent platform for collaboration and knowledge transfer locally and internationally.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives!
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.