An opportunity for an experienced and flexible Information Systems Analyst or equivalent with good knowledge of supporting an application lifecycle management toolset.
This role will be part of the group wide Centre of Competence for MBDA’s flagship “MatriX ALM” solution for collaborative engineering as well as a key resource for the national IS teams. The MatriX toolset provides a common engineering working environment, which enables improved access to information and collaboration across functional and national boundaries - supporting our model based design approach.
ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) is one part of the MatriX toolset. ALM is live in the main MBDA National Companies: France, Germany, Italy and UK. MatriX ALM is based around the Engineering Lifecycle Management tools in the Jazz Team Services (JTS) framework from IBM. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Good technical capability, able to analyse and define technical solutions and processes within an ITIL framework for incident and problem management.
- Experienced in configuration of application tool sets within a server and desktop “high security” environment. Experience of IBM JTS/RTC and the related Engineering Lifecycle tools preferred. Related IT skills such as SQL and windows server knowledge would be an advantage!
- You will need to demonstrate your ability and willingness to follow internal and external standards which apply, including business and Information Management defined practice; security requirements and recommendation; and industry good practice
- You must have the ability to technically coordinate internal and sub-contract activities as well as, when required, to undertake the task directly. Experience in working with international teams an advantage!
- Good presentation and influencing skills are important with a determination and desire to succeed; influencing managers and other teams across the company.
- The MBDA international business language is English. Multi-lingual skills are an advantage.
We need someone to establish and embed sustainable processes and practices to ensure security and functional compliance. Contribute to the strategic direction of the MatriX ALM toolset. Opportunity to travel to one or more of the MBDA location including France, Italy, Germany & UK to work with the Matrix Group team
.What we can offer
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
It includes at the enterprise level:
- Working together across the Centre of Competence, the role will contribute to the delivery of the system maintenance and administration; logical design, data consistency and configuration standards; 2nd and 3rd line support; and IM coordination for all ALM instances of the MatriX Hubs across the international group.
- You will be the focal point within Information Systems for ALM in the respective national company in order to provide services where security segregation requires local administration.
- A key responsibility collectively is to be responsible for the whole solution delivering enterprise level tools and services for Systems Design and Software Engineering including working closely with the business capability teams to create roadmaps for the toolset.
- The current solution is based on IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management version 6, which will become Engineering Lifecycle Management with the version 7 release during 2021.
Here's what's great about our team
- RTC – Rational Team Concert for Change and Configuration Management
- DNG – Door Next Generation for Requirements management
- RQM – Rational Quality Manager
- RMM – Rhapsody Model Manager
- Desktop integration includes Eclipse Client for RTC and Rhapsody
- Integration through connectors to the wider MatriX toolset
This role offers an exciting opportunity; we are at the beginning of a new phase as we plan the full exploitation of the MatriX ALM solution and the future roadmap. The current teams within Information Management and engineering capability, with whom you will work, have a diverse range of skills that provides an excellent platform for collaboration and knowledge transfer.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.