MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Role Title and Location: Industrial Validation Engineer, Stevenage, Bolton or BristolReference Number: R0181
An opportunity has arisen for a capable, responsive, manufacturing / quality professional, to join the Supply Chain in Development team. They will take a leading role working with a diverse range of Procurement and Supply Chain professionals and external supply partners. The successful candidate will bring their integrity, attention to detail and skillset to ensure that there is robust quality and capability in the external supply chain.
What we're looking for
An organised and diligent Quality biased professional, with a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques. Proficiency in project management and change management. A specialist in Supplier Quality Assurance and Validation practices in a development to production Procurement environment. Capable of supporting suppliers to develop robust manufacturing systems and control plans, able to deliver on-time / on-quality and on-cost in series production. This encompasses:
Here's what's in it for you
- Assessing, recording and monitoring supplier capability. Reporting validation activities through industrial dashboards.
- Collaborating and supporting the wider team to make sure that external supply capability is validated at the industrialisation phase. Working closely with our Design, Manufacturing and Quality organisations.
- Ensure effective controls and change management is in place and that validation and control activities are diligently performed in order to ensure production readiness.
- Ensure improvement observations or non-conformities are tracked and closed.
- Undertake Industrial Validation activities such as; Process FMEAs, Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) assessments, Product Acceptance, Production Readiness Reviews.
As an Industrial Validation Engineer you will be directly contributing to MBDA’s competitiveness and growth strategy whilst working in an exciting, complex and changing environment, with opportunities to add value and make a difference in delivering capability to our function and customers
We also offer well-resourced training, mentoring and development programmes alongside the opportunity to gain professional/accredited qualification.
Join a great team!
- Undertake Project Industrial activities up to Validation Manufacturing Systems “VMS”, in the external supply chain as part of a multi-functional team; assess, record, monitor and report supplier capability via the SRA process. Ensure accuracy and topicality of data relating to “Current State” of development suppliers.
- Manage the project Industrial Validation Plan for external suppliers.
- As part of the multi-functional team; monitor, evaluate and report on the development and validation of Supplier manufacturing systems; tracking progress against Supplier industrial plans, maintaining Industrial Dashboards.
- Lead a multi-functional team to ensure effective change management and industrial validation process activities is diligently performed within the external supply chain (based on risk assessments). Including but not limited to; Process flow maps, FMEA, MSA, PSW’s and Control Plans. Ensure that robust and comprehensive industrial solutions are developed and available.
- Ensure the development and implementation of Supplier Manufacturing Inspection and Test architectures and processes in line agreed Supplier manufacturing plans.
- Analyse Supplier non-conformances relating to the Manufacturing System, track to closure agreed improvement/corrective actions.
- Produce supplier Surveillance Plans for series production (to be implemented by the Supply Chain Manager).
- Maintain and update industrial risks & opportunities register, including risks to UPC and delivery schedule.
- Facilitate operational involvement of suppliers during development to promote co-specification methodologies across projects.
We are an energetic, experienced, dynamic and professional team undertaking a critical strategic role supporting new product introduction programmes and Supply Chain Improvement initiatives.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of
Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.