We are recruiting for a Security & Information Risk Advisor to provide specialist information security oversight, advice and guidance to AWE's projects and functions on all aspects of information security in order to provide assurance that sensitive and/or classified information assets, materials and/or equipment are subject to an acceptable risk management regime.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours.
- Provide analysis of risks to information systems in order to inform risk owners and project managers to allow effective decision making.
- Provide expert subject matter advice to CISO and other elements of the IS management chain.
- Ensure IT projects are provided with timely technical security advice.
- Develop and apply the overall security architecture of the organisation and the place within in it of key security controls.
- Maintains and promotes high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Work with functions, projects and the supply chain to assess the sources of Information Risk and make recommendations on how these are to be managed.
- Provide the AWE lead for maintaining awareness of HMG, MoD and industry best practice in Information Assurance and Information Risk Management.
- Determine how the overall security architecture applies to projects under consideration and advise project solution architects on security requirements.
- Review high and low level solution designs for compliance with overall security architecture, achievement of security requirements and overall efficacy of the security features and tools.
- Facilitate the formal accreditation by MoD of AWE corporate systems and of other specified AWE systems.
- Provide an interface between AWE and the National Technical Authority (NCSC).
- Oversee IT Health Check and Vulnerability Assessments by approving scope of tests and overall testing programme.
- Advise AWE managers on the appropriate level of risk tolerance.
- Record and track assessments of information capability and projects supporting reviews and audits as necessary.
- Provide technical risk assessment analysis.
- Develop the professionalism of Information Risk Management within AWE.
- Attend project Security Working Groups and manage when appropriate.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.