Electrical Plant Engineer
Salary: Competitive Package
Contract Type: Permanent / Hours: Full time
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world. Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
The Plant Engineer (Electrical) will report to the Engineering Manager, they shall provide assurance that all Electrical activities are being undertaken in a safe and compliant manner, so as to meet all requirements of the Nuclear Site Licence and all Regulatory and Legislative purposes. The ideal candidate will be experienced in working in a regulatory capacity; detail-oriented, and is able to work to stringent deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to the relevant sites engineering procedures associated with disciplined operations & maintenance.
- Responsible for constantly challenging the electrical maintenance processes on plant and ensuring plant is operated & maintained to appropriate standards.
- Primary interface with Design team on electrical changes to plant, including reviewing design change packages and installation and testing procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing of equipment parameters, trend analysis and improvements of plant, not only by trending but also industry wide best practice information.
- Provide advice on ageing plant and carry out appropriate condition assessment techniques to support NNL’s Asset Care program.
- Responsible for undertaking small scale Infrastructure improvement projects.
- Responsible for undertaking regular self-audits and task observations within their area of responsibility ensuring EHSS&Q standards are being maintained according to set procedures.
- Attend any forums (internal or external) as requested to keep abreast of best practices around other NNL Laboratories, responsible for sharing and implementing any learning.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in delivering the company values, they shall be expected to maintain a forward vision to develop and implement the best solutions in the best interest of the business.
- Provide assurance that all events or incidents within their area of responsibility are investigated thoroughly; ensure appropriate corrective actions have been discharged in a timely manner throughout the lifecycle of the event.
- Assist with the coaching and mentoring of the Engineering team as and when required.
The Idea Candidate
Essentials skills and expereince:
- Degree Qualified (electrical discipline) or HND in an equivalent discipline. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of stated qualifications
- Hold an Electrical craft apprenticeship
- Hold IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent as a minimum qualification
- Safety Case awareness, demonstrable knowledge of nuclear Safety Mechanisms (SM), Safety Related (SR) and Safety Features (SF)
- Provide evidence of having initiative and ability to plan and direct own work and work independently
- Ability to demonstrate conservative decision making, even in pressure situations
- Demonstrable knowledge of operational & maintenance requirements
Click Apply now